Air Fares to St. Maarten

Jan 4th, 2001, 05:31 AM
Tho

Air Fares to St. Maarten

Have tried to find reasonable air fares to St. M in late May for a 7 day stay. Yikes! I've been searching all over the Net and the best I've been able to find from Philadelphia is $800+. Do prices tend to come down in the Spring or is $800 it? Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.
Tho from NJ

Jan 4th, 2001, 05:54 AM
Howard

Hello - I have been travelling to Saba (and therefore have needed to get to St. Maarten on the way) since the mid 80's. Through the early/mid 90's there were often offseason (April - November) fares of $400 or so from the east coast - sometimes even down to $325.

However, these days, those fares are few and far between. There seen to be occasional fares at $450 or so, but most often, offseason fares stay up there, and often the cheapest fares may be close to $650 - $700. If you are flexible, and can wait, something may come up, but I wouldn't count on it.

One possible way around the high fares is to book separately through San Juan. There are still occasional great deals to there, and then you can book a separate r/t flight to St. Maarten.

Jan 4th, 2001, 10:46 AM
Sue

Try buying a package (air and hotel) from a travel agent and you will most likely get a better air rate.

Mar 4th, 2001, 04:03 PM
ss

I just booked a fare on usair for 560 raveling sunday to sunday from phil to st. martin in May. Check usair's site.

Mar 4th, 2001, 08:20 PM
Will

There was a similar thread request over on the Travel Talk message board (www.TravelTalkOnline.com). I don't remember if there were any good conclusions, but it may be worth checking out.

Mar 5th, 2001, 04:15 AM
Larry

This information has been posted on a number of sites, but it bears repeating.
In the "Kiplingers Tax Cut for H & R Block" software there is a certificate for US Air that gives substantial savings to the Caribbean. It breaks the coubtry into zones. If you are in the Mid-Atlantic and NE, the RT price to anywhere in the Caribbean that US Air flies is $328 off-peak (week days) to $368 for weekends!!I booked 2 tickets from Baltimore to St. Thomas for a total of $806!!!There are certain conditions that apply. The certificate must be turned in to a US air ticket center or an airport ticket counter within 24 hours of booking, but with savings like this a trip to the airport is a small matter.

Mar 5th, 2001, 02:09 PM
K.diaz

I ran into the same problem, but we just booked our honeymoon flight to St. Barths (going through St. Maarten) for $440/each flying out of Washington, D.C. with Travel Discounters. Their website is www.traveldisc.com . Very highly recommended by the Washington Post. Good luck!

Apr 20th, 2001, 03:53 AM
Kay

Bestfares.com....I heard about them on the radio. When everyone else was offering the flights to St. Maarten at $870, I payed the $59 subscription to the magazine and got my 5 friends and I tickets at $560, one stop and perfect connections. US Air thru Charlotte arriving St. Maarten at 2:50P.M. just perfect for check in.

Jun 21st, 2001, 12:13 PM
Juanita

I am leaving on Saturday for St. Martin. After surfing the net for a low fare--with no success, I opted to purchase rt tickets to San Juan. We will then take a separate flight via LIAT Airlines. LIAT flight from SJ to SM can be found on travelocity and cheaptickets.

Jun 26th, 2001, 11:06 PM
Christine

Like another person mentioned Liat Airline is the way to go. Fly into either San Juan or St. Thomas and then take Liat.