Reload this Page >

Air Fares to St. Maarten

Search

Air Fares to St. Maarten

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 11:49 AM
Tom

Air Fares to St. Maarten

We arranged a trip for late May and I've started looking for airline tickets. Yikes! From Philadelphia, the cost is $800+. I've checked from Newark to BWI and the price doesn't change much. Do airline prices to St. M. tend to go down in the Spring? Are there secrets I should know??

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 12:54 PM
Gilda

You might try an "air only" deal using a charter company. One's in our area that come to mind are TNT and GWV. Not sure if they service Philly or Newark but perhaps there are others in your area that offer an air only deal. Otherwise, I'd wait a while and keep your eye on the fares. Airfares to the Caribbean are getting increasingly expensive, but May might offer a break if you wait a while.

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 02:22 PM
Melanie

Don't despair, and sign up for the USAirways e-savers . (No, I'm not an agent for USAirways.) Watch for sales on airfare, they do have them. For example, early in December they were selling PHL to SXM for 275 round trip (I think that one's over now, but I've seen similar). Also don't discount <BR>travelling to San Juan and catching a smaller plane from there. San Juan is also apt to be on sale. <BR>

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 03:16 PM
Ian

The best I could come up with is $638. Book each leg seperately. PHL to SJU, then SJU to SXM. Try numerous combinations. It works wonders. Hope this helps.

Old Jan 4th, 2001, 12:37 PM
jg

Look at Bestfares.com. They are showing a number of fares to the caribbean from all over the northeast for no higher than $400 round trip. You may have to join their travel club (I think the cost is about $50) but it pays considering the savings.

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 08:48 AM
Barry

You might want to look at a Charter "Canada 3000" out of Toronto. It cost me $579 Cdn, taxes and departure fees from Sint Marten included. I'm not sure about how much it would cost you to get from Phili to To, but maybe you could drive, it may be worth it.

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 10:54 AM
Larry

I found out about a certificate from US Airways that is in the Kiplingers Tax Cut from H&R Block software. It is not advertised but sample airfares from Zone 2 (Md and points north ) range from $328 RT to $368 RT anywhere in the Caribbean that US Air flies. My wife and I booked to St Thomas for $406 RT including all taxes and departure costs!There are restrictions however.

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 06:17 PM
Karen

The Tax Cut software is $9.99 for reduced fare for up to four people on US Air using the same itinary! Everyone is raving about the savings!! The box is not marked and go thru all the throw away ads in the box!!!