Air conditioning???

Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:19 PM
Original Poster

Air conditioning???

I am planning on a trip to the caribbean sometime this summer. Cocobay looked great except it has no air conditioning in the rooms. I would think this would be horrific in the summer--does anyone have experiences with no air conditioning?
Jun 3rd, 2003, 05:10 PM

I've stayed at places with no A/C, and the ceiling fan is all you need because of the constant ocean breezes. Robert
Jun 3rd, 2003, 05:35 PM

For me, it depends on the architecture of the hotel room and what part of the summer. Generally, during August I prefer A/C unless I'm either directly on the beach (preferably in the windward side) or on a mountainside.

I have stayed in Antigua during July without A/C, but the hotel I was in was on the east coast on a peninsula with a steady breeze from both sides. Out of 7 nights, I was only uncomfortable for one night, and it was because I had overindulged in the sun that day--latent heat from my sunburn kept me restless. The rest of the time, the ceiling fan was plenty to keep it comfy.

OTher places I would want A/C, especially in a traditional hotel-style room. If you do NOT have A/c, make sure that the room windows are screened, otherwise bugs will be a problem. Go, and enjoy yourself!
Jun 3rd, 2003, 06:15 PM

You shouldn't have any problems at Cocobay, which is on a high Antigua hillside overlooking the Caribbean ocean. The ocean winds are constant there. Robert

Search this Thread