Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   Age of Celebrity Cruise Goers (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/age-of-celebrity-cruise-goers-396650/)

dman22 Feb 8th, 2004 11:51 AM

Age of Celebrity Cruise Goers

I am planning to go on a 11 night cruise at the end of November, 2004 for my honeymoon. We narrowed it down to a Celebrity cruise (Summit ship) in the Caribbean. But we haven't booked yet.

Just recently I heard that the ship attendies will be very old and we won't have anything in common. Since we will be on our honeymoon, we're not really looking to meet a lot of people. However, it would be nice to know that there are enough people around our age (late 20s to mid 30s) so that we don't feel out of place.

Does anyone have any experiences they could share?

Thank you

sunylatitude Feb 8th, 2004 12:41 PM

We went on a Celebrity Cruise to Bermuda 3 years ago and the average age was retirement age, some even carried along their oxygen bottles. Our only saving grace was that we traveled with another couple we knew. Now there were some other younger couples, however, the majority was an older crowd.

DOCK Feb 8th, 2004 02:42 PM

Not sure when you are goibg but we ahve been on 2 Celebrity cruises, among others. Once to Carribbean over christmas and once to Med.in July. On both these cruises there was a mixed croewd, it may have been becos it was over school holidays and like us there were many families as well as the younger crowd, basically I saw no difference from the crowd on Princess or RCCL. I did not see anyone with portable oxygen and in any case those types of travellers as few and far between cos many of us would not clear a patient for travel who needs portable oxygen.Celebrity is an excellent cruise line but if you are concerned go Rccl, the entertainment IMO was nicer altho food and cabins were nicer on Celebrity.

schmerl Feb 8th, 2004 04:31 PM

I have been on several cruise lines and liked Celebrity the best. The passengers seemed to be from all age groups. Usually the length and destination of the cruise determines the age of the passengers. The longer the cruise, the older the crowd. Retirees are the ones who have enough time to go on the long cruises. No matter what, you will be able to find people in your age group.

lud Feb 9th, 2004 06:28 AM

We have been on eight Celebrity Cruises and have never had a cruise filled with primarily very older attendies. We are in our 40's and have been cruising on Celebrity since our early 30's and have always had a great time and have always met up with people who like to enjoy themselves. I would say the age group is primarily between 30 and 60. What you won't find is the young 20 Carnival crowd. What you will find is exceptional service, outstanding food and exceptionally clean ships. We wouldn't cruise on any other line.