Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Caribbean Islands (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/)
-   -   After Painkillers and..... (https://www.fodors.com/community/caribbean-islands/after-painkillers-and-633104/)

CaribbeanSoul Jul 22nd, 2006 04:21 PM

After Painkillers and.....

pouring over my nautical charts at the Soggy Dollar, I have settled on my next destination on the 45 foot catamaran named "Island Thyme". I have waited for all of you to make it from your stateside and beyond destinations and am now the envy of every sailor in the Caribbean as I am graced by such Fodorite beauty!

So....the first destination on this Caribbean journey of no exact length and itinerary is The Bight at Norman Island for a Bloody Mary aboard the Willy T. The first Fodorite that can tell me how they can win a free T-Shirt and whether or not they would win one, gets to pick the next destination aboard the "Island Thyme"! Please associate a trivia question with the destination or something like it to award the person with the correct answer an opportunity to select the next destination and so on....

Please try to keep the destinations within a reasonable daytrip under 6 hours from the place before. This should be fun!!!

christiegr Jul 22nd, 2006 09:38 PM

CaribbeanSoul,

You can win a free T Shirt a Willy T's by jumping off the top of the Schooner naked.:))

I probably would not win one.;) Unless I had one to many Painkillers!

Next Trivia question:

What bar does Kenny Chesney mention in his song "Be As You Are" on the DVD "Be As You Are"? It is on the island of St John...it's in Cruz Bay.

christiegr Jul 22nd, 2006 09:40 PM

That was probably too easy for some of you!

Christie

mahobaygirl Jul 23rd, 2006 03:46 AM

Christie-you need to choose the next destination!!
I am going to try guessing your answer. The Beach Bar comes to mind, but I also remember reading a few years ago, that Chesney used to go to Woody's and sometimes help out at the bar.
If I am right, I will post a question and be thinking of a destination!!

christiegr Jul 23rd, 2006 06:17 AM

Mahobaygirl,

Oops! I should have stated that the destination is St John!

Sorry but you are incorrect.

CaribbeanSoul Jul 23rd, 2006 07:24 AM

I know the answer....but I will refrain to give time to for others to respond.

christiegr Jul 23rd, 2006 11:11 AM

CaribbeanSoul,

I thought that you would know the answer.:)

Christie

publisher Jul 23rd, 2006 11:35 AM

Hi!

Rhumb Lines Restaurant Meada's Plaza Cruz Bay 340/ 776-0303

Kenny and ex wife Renee Zellweger had reception here/there..

Kenny's house on st john for sale for staggering amount..

publisher Jul 23rd, 2006 11:39 AM

Chesney-land for sale?

Islandia Real Estate is apparently the offering agent for two parcels of land which locals say are owned by a trust connected to Kenny Chesney. The lot contains a torch-lit deck and a piano.

The Upper Peter Bay property is believed to have been the site of the singer's wedding last year to Renee Zelwegger.

Chesneyland The three acres, with views of Tortola, Jost Van Dyke, and St. Thomas. are listed at $11 million. The land was purchased in October for just under $5 million, according to the Tradewinds. Chesney is said to own three other properties on the island.

The Multiple Listing Service offering says, "Spell binding views from St. Thomas to Tortola await you from this magnificent and secluded 2.89 acre parcel bordered by National Park high atop Exclusive Peter Bay. Gated Community with Deeded Beach Rights. Perfect for a family compound or retreat."

christiegr Jul 23rd, 2006 01:40 PM

Rhumblines is incorrect!

publisher Jul 23rd, 2006 01:45 PM

oh no!

Then my friends at Rhumb Lines fed me some hooey?
:-)

CaribbeanSoul Jul 23rd, 2006 05:31 PM

Okay....I'll step in and answer the Christie's trivia question and select the next destination. The answer in The Quiet Mon bar in Cruz Bay. Confident that is the right answer, I'll select the next destination on this Caribbean cruise on the Island Thyme full of Fodorite beauty!

We'll disembark Cruz Bay for a nice daysail to Anegada! After a fine dinner of barbecued lobster at the Anegada Reef Hotel, we are off to our next destination. That destination can be yours if you are the first to answer this: What is the name of Anegada's famous beach shared by a farm animal of the same name?

christiegr Jul 23rd, 2006 06:05 PM

The answer is Cow Wreck Beach where you can find cow bones.

christiegr Jul 23rd, 2006 06:11 PM

Pretty confident that I have the right answer.

We will leave Anegada for Grand Cayman and have a few drinks on the swings at Coconut Joe's.Then off to The Wharf for dinner!

Next destination is yours if you can answer the next question: :)

What is the name of the beach that the Turtle Farm in Grand Cayman is at?

mahobaygirl Jul 24th, 2006 01:28 PM

christie-I am topping this.
I know nothing about the Cayman Islands, but this had the potential to be another fun thread!!
Here's hoping someone will know your answer!

OldSouthernBelle Jul 24th, 2006 03:15 PM

Christie: Skinny legs!

CaribbeanSoul Jul 24th, 2006 03:54 PM

Christie's question pertaining to GC was the following:
What is the name of the beach that the Turtle Farm in Grand Cayman is at?
Correct guess gets to pick the next destination!

christiegr Jul 24th, 2006 04:29 PM

Brett,
Cow Wreck Beach was correct for Anegada??Right??

Christie

anonxx Jul 24th, 2006 04:49 PM

Bostwains beach (Turtle Farm in GC)???

christiegr Jul 24th, 2006 05:29 PM

Boatswain Beach GC...you are correct!