I'm looking for some thoughts on the best way to spend a few hours on St. Maarten. We'll be flying into SXM at around 12:30pm and then planning to take a ferry later that afternoon/evening to St. Barts (either 4pm from Oyster Pond or 6:45pm from Marigot).
First question is whether it's worth spending a few more hours on St. Maarten and taking the later ferry? Secondly, any thoughts on the best way to see the island highlights with luggage in tow? I'm guessing that hiring a taxi for the afternoon might be the way to go - is that an easy enough thing to do?
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Immigration experience entering USA from Cuba non us citizen
- 2 Jamaica Inn in late April
- 3 Jamaica or Dominican Republic?
- 4 Shuttle From Airport (Hewanora) to Bay Gardens Beach Resort In St. Lucia
- 5 Which Island to visit
- 6 Cuba solo mid December-need your help please
- 7 Romantic Barbados vacation
- 8 First week in April : NYC to beach, all inclusive
- 9 Want to buy cigars in Havana
- 10 Anyone go to Grace Bay TCI over Thanksgiving?
- 11 Taking Items to Cuba
- 12 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 13 Bermuda Restaurants
- 14 Nevis Nice - Trip Report
- 15 Barbados: Turtle Beach vs. Bougainvillea
- 16 Christmas vacation
- 17 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 18 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 19 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 20 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 21 NYE in Punta Cana
- 22 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 23 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 24 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 25 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
Advice for St. Maarten for a few hours before taking ferry to St. Barts?