Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page > ADULT ONLY CARIBBEAN AI RESORT BEACH AND SPA
Notices

ADULT ONLY CARIBBEAN AI RESORT BEACH AND SPA

Apr 16th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

ADULT ONLY CARIBBEAN AI RESORT BEACH AND SPA

i am researching options for the best caribbean resort for my dear friend and I to go to in November of this year to celebrate her birthday. Must be adult only- (we both have kids/families) and all -inclusive. On the beach and a decent spa would be great. Money is no real object but still AI. Direct flight from NYC preferred. suggestions anyone? TIA!
Apr 16th, 2013, 04:22 PM
KVR

Here's a list of AI's in Mexico. They donate, adult, couples, families:

http://www.mexicoallinclusive.com/me...ve_resorts.cfm

Here's a List of AI's in the Caribbean:

http://www.caribbeanallinclusive.com...ve_resorts.cfm

You get more bang for your buck in Mexico than the Caribbean. AI in most Caribbean destinations is a second thought and cost 2-3times more than Mexico. The exception is Jamaica and the Dominican Republic.

Look at The Royal Playa del Carmen and the Iberostars. Unfornately, most adult only AI's are really geared for couples and honeymooners.

If you go the first or second week of November, prices and crowds should be low. Anytime around Thanksgiving expect to pay double if not more for air and accomendations.
Apr 16th, 2013, 04:43 PM

Dianne:

Consider Jumby Bay. This is a high end, all inclusive resort on a private island just off the coast of Antigua. You can be on the beach by 2:30P from NYC. The resort is not adult only however with only 40 suites and 300 acres of lush tropical beauty it is doubtful that you will find many children scurrying around the resort and splashing around in the pools.

The spa at the resort has been rated as one of the top spa's in the caribbean. The food is considered NYC restaurant quality and all liquor offered is top shelf. The resort is located on a pristine beach and guests have access to 2 other beaches on the island.

You mentioned that money is no real object. This resort is not the least bit inexpensive however it is worth every penny.
Apr 16th, 2013, 06:15 PM
KVR

Jumby Bay has to be one, if not THE most expensive AI, in the Caribbean. I would have to win the lottery before I could afford to go there. But, you did say money was no real object. If it really is indeed a factor, you might want to give an actual budget in a real dollar amount in order for us to give you more realistic recommendations. If money is really not a factor, then Jumby Bay would be a good recommedation, but I would check the kind of patrons that go there. I'm thinking more for couples than a girls trip.

As a second recommendation, look at Coconut Beach Club in Antigua instead.

Search this Thread