adult all inclusive

Aug 7th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

adult all inclusive

My husband and I are looking for an adult all-inclusive resort. Nice beach, evening entertainment. Maybe a choice of casual dining in the evening, if possible. If necessary, a resort that just allows over 13 year of age. Nothing cheap, but perhaps not the most expensive either.
Aug 7th, 2009, 02:26 PM
KVR

Most all adult properties requires that guests be 18 years and up. There are a few that allow 16 years old and up. One that comes to mind is the Royal Playa del Carmen. However, it's very doubtful that you'll find anyone younger than 18 at that resort. We didn't see any during our stay there. Most adult properties cater to honeymooners and couples celebrating anniversaries.

There are many adult properties in Mexico and Jamacia and a few in the Dominican Republic. Haven't found any on any other Island. (if someone knows of one, please educate me cause I haven't found it yet)
Aug 7th, 2009, 02:33 PM
KVR

Oooops, just to clarify my last comment, other than the Sandals resorts.
Aug 7th, 2009, 04:12 PM

Will you be taking a 13, 14 year old?
As KVR said, adult only AIs require 18 or older, and plenty to recommend.

Any that allow 13 -18 year olds will allow all kids of every age.
Aug 7th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Original Poster

I wasn't very clear. I would like there to be no children at all, but if that were impossible, The at least no younger than 13.
Aug 7th, 2009, 04:57 PM

In Mexico's Riviera Maya, look into the Iberostar Paraiso Grand, Secrets Maroma, the Royal Playa del Carmen.
Jan 12th, 2010, 03:13 PM

"Haven't found any on any other Island. (if someone knows of one, please educate me cause I haven't found it yet)"

Club Med Turkoise (Turks and Caicos Islands)
21+ all inclusive
awesome beach, good sports, scuba
not as nice as some of the newer bigger all-inclusive

Club Med Columbus Isle (Bahamas)
it is not adult only, but there are very few children,
except in late June thru mid August, when you get french families
another great beach, awesome scuba

Club Med used to have more adult only resorts, but most have closed. Or changed (like Cancun) to allow children.
Jan 12th, 2010, 03:24 PM
KVR

Thanks for the info. We have been to T & C. I looked long and hard at Club Med, but the vibe of it being a singles type resort we didn't care for. We stayed at the Sibonne and there were no kids during our stay.

Been to the Bahamas also. We stayed at Sandals. Sandals has a new resort opening in Great Exuma. Looks out of my price range though.
Jan 13th, 2010, 12:26 PM

We have stayed at 2 adult only properties - the best I can vouch for is Secrets Capri, Rivera Maya Mexico, if u can afford that, dont even research anything else.Otherwise we stayed at Grand Lido in Jamaica, another AI but mind u they have a nude side of the hotel but it was very reasonable & u can easily not even go there.We knew the ocean vistas & bar is better on the nude side so we didnt have a problem, but I did feel awkward at times.It is better than an average AI but not topnotch.Nice bar, great staff, food was average but nokids whatsoever in both these places.
Jan 14th, 2010, 01:01 PM

Actually, that is not correct. Royal Hideaway in the Mayan Riviera is one that comes to mind that allows 13 and older only; Breezes is 16 and over in all their resorts. There are no more Grand Lidos BTW they are all Breezes now.

We avoid kids whenever possible and our first choice would be Couples Swept Away in Negril. Also enjoyed LeSport in St. Lucia, Galley Bay in Antigua and a few of the resorts in Mexico though IMO the Riviera Maya is not nearly as pretty as the Caribbean. It does, however, have some bargain resorts that are a good value. Secrets Capri is my personal choice for value and quality. You might also check out Valentin Riviera Maya.

Search this Thread