My husband and I have booked a short 5 trip to PDC in mid Oct. We are planning on visiting Tulum as we would love to see some ruins, and we know our 5 yr old will not last the ride to the other sites. Do you have to pay to see Tulum?
We would mostly like to hang out and relax on the beach, & plan to hit 5th for some shopping and food. We want to spend some time checking out local flora and fauna, but a lot of the jungle tours (with ATV's etc) aren't suggested for 5 yr olds. Is there a place we can hike around and see animals, rainforest, and fish that doesn't cost a ton of $? I think we would all enjoy Xel-ha or Xcarat, but our daughter is pretty much spent after 1/2 day, so it wouldn't be worth the cost for 1/2 day.
Lastly, we are staying at the Maya Villa in PDC. Is there any day/evening entertainment at restaurants or else where that out daughter would enjoy? Like I said, she wouldn't last til the evening shows at Xcarat.
ANY suggestions are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 2 Christmas vacation
- 3 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 4 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 5 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 6 NYE in Punta Cana
- 7 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 8 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 9 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 10 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 11 Abaco day trips
- 12 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 13 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 14 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 15 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 16 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 17 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 18 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 19 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 20 sailing the Abacos
- 21 Grace Bay after hurricane
- 22 Private secluded Carribean Cottage
- 23 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 24 1st time to Barbados
- 25 Help selecting an island destination!