Abaco or Cat Island? Can't decide.

Apr 14th, 2001, 04:49 AM
Lynn

Abaco or Cat Island? Can't decide.

We have narrowed our choice for our October vacation to either Green Turtle Club in the Abacos or Hawk's Nest Resort on Cat Island. Have gotten one positive review on each resort but would like some more input. Has anyone stayed at either resort? Would like to know about the service, accommodations, food and any other useful detail.

Apr 14th, 2001, 05:16 AM
Robert

We have been to Abaco a half dozen times since the 1980's. The Sea of Abaco, between Great Abaco Island and the outer cays like Great Guana Cay, Green Turtle Cay, and a dozen others, is great for renting a boat and exploring. However, the Bahamian outer islands aren't for the touristry crowd who expect great service with the trimmings. The people are very friendly, but the main lure is mother nature, and few banana boats or para-sailing, dolphin swims(thank goodness!), aren't available. If you want a laid back place with deserted beaches, Abaco and Cat Island are both for you. I would recommend Abaco and rent a Boston Whaler, then go snorkeling and exploring around the Sea of Abaco. Write me if you want some "Best Kept" secrets in the area. Robert

Apr 14th, 2001, 01:00 PM
Ryan

Green Turtle is GREAT! Quiet, family oriented with romantic gettawy qualities. Great diving, and not to difficult to reach. A great out Island. I have stayed there countless times and loved every minute!

Ryan

Apr 16th, 2001, 08:37 AM
AbacoPeach

Check out the Abaco Message Board at www.abacoboard.com. It's a fountain of information!!!

Search this Thread