I'm traveling to St. Lucia this Summer. I checked nearby islands to combine my trip with and Dominica is the one that has caught my attention. I count on 7, 8 nights tops. However, I'm having a hard time figuring dominica out.
I'm mostly interested in quiet time on beaches and easy hikes that do not require guides. I know that Dominica doesn't get good reviews when it comes to beaches, but I like the pictures that I've seen. I don't intent to visit the whole island in a week (I don't want an ambitious tiresome vacation), specially since I won't count on a car (I can't drive, let alone on the left) but depend on taxis/bus.
So here are my questions:
1. Is Calibishie a good place to base the entire time, at least to explore the north? I like quiet places to base. What about Portsmouth in contrast to Calibishie?
2. Would you suggest a quiet place in the south to consider as a base?
3. What's your experience with buses/taxis? Is there a website that shows bus routes?
Thanks for your time and input,
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 YAHOO $Password Reset Contact 1:888:260:2909 YAHOO Tec*h supp0rt sbaba!
- 2 Immigration experience entering USA from Cuba non us citizen
- 3 Hilton Aruba
- 4 Jamaica Inn in late April
- 5 Jamaica or Dominican Republic?
- 6 Shuttle From Airport (Hewanora) to Bay Gardens Beach Resort In St. Lucia
- 7 Which Island to visit
- 8 Cuba solo mid December-need your help please
- 9 Romantic Barbados vacation
- 10 First week in April : NYC to beach, all inclusive
- 11 Want to buy cigars in Havana
- 12 Anyone go to Grace Bay TCI over Thanksgiving?
- 13 Taking Items to Cuba
- 14 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 15 Bermuda Restaurants
- 16 Nevis Nice - Trip Report
- 17 Barbados: Turtle Beach vs. Bougainvillea
- 18 Christmas vacation
- 19 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 20 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 21 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 22 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 23 NYE in Punta Cana
- 24 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 25 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios