Notices

a week at the Avila Beach Hotel

Aug 11th, 2003, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

a week at the Avila Beach Hotel

Here is a link to my travel site after a week in Curacao.

http://www.idyll.com/Curacao/Curacao.html

In summary, we found Curacao to be a wonderful place to visit. The people were very friendly, the island a great place to visit beofre it becomes a mainstream vacation destination. The Avila Beach Hotel was splendid. It is most assuredly not a mainstream resort but it is a classy, fabulous place to visit.

regards,

patrick
Oct 7th, 2003, 07:19 AM

Wll Patrick I visited your site..what a great site. Wonderful pictures and useful commentary. I am trying to decide between the Marriott, the Avila and the Floris Suite Hotel. While I can find a 'package' (Sunquest) from Toronto for the Marriott , I cannot find a package for the Avila nor Floris. I am interested in knowing the total cost for a 2 week stay. Was the Avila all-inclusive? We prefer not to go AI. Our preference is a 1 bedroom sutie with a kitchenette. Any advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Oct 8th, 2003, 05:45 AM

The Avila Beach is not all inclusive. You cannot compare it to a place like the Marriott; totally different. It used to be the governor's mansion, and this is still the main building of the hotel. There are kitchenettes in some rooms, but most rooms do not have these. The hotel has a lovely beach, but there is no pool. I find it a very relaxed, low-key hotel.

Search this Thread