Search

Antigua in June

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2012, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Antigua in June

I'm planning a trip to Antigua in June next year and I am a little concerned about the mosquitos and weather. Anyone ever been in June and have any tips? Also, I am staying at the Sandals resort there so I would love advice on that as well. Thanks!
Old Jun 1st, 2012, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In June weather will be tropical - expect daytime temps in the mid-to-high 80's F. with plant of sun. Humidity can be a bit high so it could feel warmer. You might encounter an occasional brief passing shower, usually lasting only minute - certainly not enough to worry about. All day rains are rare.

You can research weather statistic for Antigua (and just about any other place on these websites:

www.weatherbase.com

www.wunderground.com

The number of mosquitos you might encounter is not dependent on time of year but rather what how much or how little rain there has been n the week or so prior to your arrival. the local habitat, the amount of breezes and time of day. Mosquitos are more prevalent after periods of prolonged rains so if it's been very dry in the week or so prior to your visit there won't be many. They are more active at dusk, especially in areas of dense vegetation, near salt ponds and standing water and along the beach where the sand meets the vegetation. Avoid those areas at dusk and you'll significant reduce your exposure. If it's breezy the number of mosquitos will be less.

Avoid using perfumes, after-shaves, colognes and scented hairsprays, powders and body splashes as the sweet aroma act as an attractant.