8 hours in Curacao

Old Sep 24th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8 hours in Curacao

Our cruise ship ports here for 8 hours. I did not see any excursions that were great. We're not into scuba and such. Thinking about doing the dolphin swim. Any suggestions? Just me and my husband we're 45. Not that it matters...
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 04:27 AM

The town itself is very interesting. I suggest a visit to the Kura Hulanda complex, it's a complex of restored historic buildings, hotel, restaurant and museum. There are also many interesting beaches and driving is on the right side in case you want to rent a car and tour around.
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 07:03 AM

If you don't want to explore beaches or go snorkeling, you might just want to spend some time downtown checking out the architecture, the shops, and the Kura Hulanda complex, including its impressive slavery museum.

I would urge you to do a bit of research on the dolphin program before participating in it. There are several threads on this forum you can read if you just search on "Swim with Dolphins" or "Swimming with Dolphins."
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 03:00 PM

A tour around the town is very interesting. The Visitors Information pavillion near the waterfront can hook you up with one. We also liked the Kura Hulanda slavery museum.
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 05:09 PM

I agree Kura area complex is worth 3-4 hours including a lunch. Also, the Western hemisphere's oldest Jewish Temple is on Curacao. It is very interesting regardless of your relgious belifs. It is worth 1 hour. So, you have a 5 hour outing with going and coming. The port cruise tours are not at all interesting, in my opinion.
It is a shame you are not into snorkeling for on the WEST END of the island is some of the best snorkeling outside of St. John and the B.V.I's.