Reload this Page >

6am Flight-JFK to San Juan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 05:16 AM
Lorraine

Has anyone done this since the new security measures are in place? What time should we arrive at JFK? What time does JFK open in the morning? What time did you get there? Were there long lines at security while people waited for the workers to show up? Any thoughts/hints-positive or negative-are welcome.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Debbie

I've flown out of a few airports in the early a.m. recently and would suggest you get there about an hour - 1 1/2 prior since it's International. Not sure which airline you're traveling on - but many have info on their websites about easier ways to get through the airports. One thing that helps is checking your bags curbside.<BR><BR>Delta.com has average airport wait times posted on their web site:<BR><BR>http://www.delta.com/cwswaittime/travel/wait_time/index.jsp<BR><BR>I'm assuming most airports to not close, but you might want to check the web site of whichever carrier you're flying to see if they have this info.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 07:03 AM
rqf

Two weeks ago my brother tookk an AA 7am flight to the Dominican Republic. He said it took more than one hour, luggage check in to passing through the security screening. The DR flight leaves from the same terminal as the PR flight.

Old Mar 6th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Lorraine

I'm flying American Airlines .....<BR>Thanks to those who have responded.

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 07:37 AM
xxxxxx

TTT

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 08:12 AM
anon

Lorraine, I also am on a 6am flight leaving JFK to San Juan. Could we possibly be on the same flight?<BR><BR>Anyways, I called JFK and they said the AA terminal opens at 4:00am for check in. So they said to get there by 4:00am.<BR>I guess it is okay to get there earlier but you will be waiting for the checkin to open.

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 09:27 AM
Lorraine

To anon- I'm sure its the same flight but I'm not flying till mid April...<BR>On the AA website, terminal 9 (which is concourse D) it says does not open till 5am. I'm not sure how they could check everyone in and through security in an hour. I'm glad you heard something else.<BR>

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 05:00 AM
lorraine

TTT