4seasons/nevis - who has been lately?

Old Jan 10th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4seasons/nevis - who has been lately?

considering a trip to the 4 seasons in april.. concerned about others comments regarding the beach being dismal,seaweedy, dark H2O, etc. Also is the meal plan worth it, I cant imagine the children eating $95/day worth of cheeseburgers and icecream. And, are the renovated lower level rooms so much nicer? The concept of screened porch in higher rooms seems like a perk. Thank you in advance!
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 11:34 AM

I just returned 1/9/04. The water appears dark, I think this is due to the dark almost black sand. The water is extremely clear and clean. I didn't experience any seaweed problems. I didn't go with the meal plan but should have meal were expensive. For example the fish dinners were about 35-38 and chicken dinners were about 25-32. We had a lower room, which I thought was good for coming and going from the beach. No problem and no need for the screened in porch. If you think of any other questions I will try to give you my thoughts. Overall the resort and service made up for whatever fears and concerns I had before going.
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

thank you so much, by chance, did you have any children with you? curious on kids program... alternatively, am considering the NEW 4 seasons emerald bay in great exuma- bahamas, it just opened in october and is a whole lot easier to get to.. fly to miami, then to great exuma, do you know anyone who has been there?
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 03:50 PM

NO I don't have children, but for a novice in children activities they seemed to have alot of programs/daycare for the children that were there. The only reason I picked Nevis over Great Exuma was because of the time of year. I have been to the bahamas in january and it was cold and very winding. I wanted to go further south. You should be alright in april. From what I understand is that the beach is nice with white sand.
Old Jan 11th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

I think we are ending up with exuma, a bit more $$ but cuts the travel time in half! Thank you!