I am trying without success to decide on where I want to celebrate my 45th birthday. We attempted to go to St John for my 40th but because my birthday is still within hurricane season (October 1st) that trip was cancelled. We're trying again, this time with another fun couple and want to venture out a little. Our budget is up to $5000 for accommodations for the week. We're not big water activity people so that's not a priority. We don't like crowded beaches but don't care to be only 1 of 5 people on it either. Would love somewhere with attractive villas with stellar views. Not to quiet but not in the heart of it all either. I have been looking for 2 weeks and have narrowed it down to Antigua, Anguilla, St Martin & Barbados and can't for the life of me make a decision.I'm open to other suggestions I may have overlooked but have already ruled out Grand Cayman, St Lucia, Aruba & Nevis.
We're looking for:
Beautiful clear/turquoise waters
Soft, sandy beaches
Grocery options for days we want to chill after beach days
Good food for days we don't want to cook
Quiet with close proximity to shopping & dinning
Views of surrounding islands
No more than 4 hrs from Tampa, FL (moving there in July)
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Pink Tour 2018, Jeff Dunham Tour 2018, The Eagles Tour
- 2 Need help picking destination for April/May 2018
- 3 Immigration experience entering USA from Cuba non us citizen
- 4 bareboat sailing tips in bvi
- 5 Hilton Aruba
- 6 Jamaica Inn in late April
- 7 Jamaica or Dominican Republic?
- 8 Shuttle From Airport (Hewanora) to Bay Gardens Beach Resort In St. Lucia
- 9 Which Island to visit
- 10 Cuba solo mid December-need your help please
- 11 Romantic Barbados vacation
- 12 First week in April : NYC to beach, all inclusive
- 13 Want to buy cigars in Havana
- 14 Anyone go to Grace Bay TCI over Thanksgiving?
- 15 Taking Items to Cuba
- 16 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 17 Bermuda Restaurants
- 18 Nevis Nice - Trip Report
- 19 Barbados: Turtle Beach vs. Bougainvillea
- 20 Christmas vacation
- 21 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 22 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 23 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 24 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 25 NYE in Punta Cana