Reload this Page >

Bahamas vs. Bermuda for family vacation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 1998, 06:58 PM
Gary

My wife, children (9&11) want to go on a Spring break vacation for a week in either island. The kids want great beaches, pool and things to do. Parents want a little relaxation (nice if we could ditch the kids to supervised activities) and interesting sites. Any recommendations?

Old Oct 15th, 1998, 05:39 AM
Lara

Very few kids in Bermuda. In fact, many of the hotels discourage children by charging upwards of $100 per night extra for each child. Many restaurants do not allow children at dinner. I did see some kids at the Sonesta though, although I do not know about supervised activities. <BR> <BR>If you are talking about Nassau in the Bahamas (sounds like it), that is probably a better choice.

Old Oct 15th, 1998, 07:00 AM
Lee

Gary: I agree with Lara. <BR> <BR>Bermuda is very expensive, while Nassau is not. <BR> <BR>If money is no object, check out Atlantis on Paradise Island (Nassau). It's quite the resort. Otherwise, there are plenty of places on Paradise Island or on Cable Beach in Nassau for you to choose from. <BR> <BR>If you want seclusion, but kids are welcome, check out Eleuthera, which is also in the Bahamas. <BR> <BR>BTW, in Nassau, they wear tops and bottoms so you don't have the kids to worry about. <BR> <BR>Have fun. <BR>