2nd trip back to T and C

Mar 30th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

2nd trip back to T and C

Looking forward to planning a return visit to this beautiful island,is there any time I should avoid going as far as weather, last time visited in April, would appreaciate any info, this will be for our 25th anniversary
Mar 30th, 2003, 03:12 PM
CF

April/May is my favorite time. No hurricanes, rates haven't gone up yet. Many plusses. We went once in Dec. and it wasn't quite warm enough to suit us. T&C gets the same weather pattern as Miami.
Mar 31st, 2003, 02:57 AM
Original Poster

thanks for your input, looks like i will plan for next april as it is too late for this year, the anticipation is part of the joy of traveling for me!!!
Mar 31st, 2003, 03:23 AM

Hi Francine!
I would love to hear more about this island. What is drawing you back rather than exploring elsewhere? Did you travel with any children last time? Where did you stay, and are you returning to the same place this time? Thanks for any info you can share.
Mar 31st, 2003, 04:39 AM

Hi Dreamer2 - I'm not Francine but I'll be happy to tell you why we are returning to Provo in June after staying there last June. Two words - Grace Bay! Grace Bay is the most stunning beach we've ever seen. It is warm and calm and there is good snorkeling straight off of the beach in certain areas. Last year we stayed at the Allegro and had a nice vacation - this year we will be at Beaches. We have a 13-year old daughter who has traveled more than most adults we know and when the subject of vacation came up she voted for Provo over her usual favorite, Aruba. The snorkeling 1/2 day trip we took last year was one of the single best days of my life - the fish and sea life that is around there is unbelievable. We found all of the people who were born and raised in the T&C Islands to be proud of the beauty of their land and happy to answer all questions. Hope this info helps. Happy travels! Linda :0)
Apr 1st, 2003, 04:52 PM

Thank you, M.L. I never realized the beach at Grace Bay was so perfect. I wonder how people who've been to both compare it to Anguilla's Cap Jaluca. And the snorkeling definitely sounds superb. Your day must have been incredible.
I'm looking for a nice AI to go next Feb or April with teens. Please let me know how your visit to Beaches goes. If anyone else has any suggestions for either T&C (Francine?) or another island, please post. We are also considering Nevis and Antigua. Thanks in advance!
Apr 2nd, 2003, 09:51 AM

I am going to T&C in December..is it really not that warm then? I for sure thought it would be warm there. I was in Jamaica at that time this past December and it was so hot.
Apr 2nd, 2003, 10:28 AM

Hi,
I've been to both Provo and Anguilla and preferred Provo.
The beaches on both islands are stunning, and the islands are very similar topography-wise, but I would go back to Provo in an instant - whereas I will not return to Anguilla for awhile.
No particular reason, I enjoyed it very much, I just preferred Provo.
(We are big divers, so that is probably a contributing factor as TCI definitely wins in that respect.)
Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:35 PM
Original Poster

hi guys, this is Francine replying regarding "going back to provo", the reason I want to return is that turks and caicos had one of the most beautiful beaches and that it is not overly commercial yet, went 5 years ago, stayed at Beaches , it was just my husband and I , we loved it, no squallor,friendly people, i would be afraid to stay at Beaches again,there has been alot added on,it also got quite expensive and fear it might be too noisy,considering either coral gardens or sands at grace bay,
If you go take the boat tour to Iguana Island and Pine Cay, again, breathless water,never have seen anything more beautiful, and I have been to other islands.
Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:27 PM
CF

Belle, it wasn't that it was cold or anything in Dec., it was warm enough for the beach and all, but once you were wet it was COLD. Another thing, in the winter the water is rougher. The waves are bigger too.

Jamaica is a lot farther south than T&C. It would be hotter.