Notices

25th Anniversary February 2014

Aug 31st, 2013, 01:43 PM
Original Poster

25th Anniversary February 2014

After much reading and questioning I think I have narrowed down a 02/2014 trip for our 25th Anniversary. Am considering The Crane Barbados, Caneel Bay St. John USVI and Peter Island Resort BVI. When comparing, Caneel Bay has the most beaches, Crane seems the easiest to get to and Peter Island seems the most posh.

It seems the weather and water will be great in any of the 3 in February.

Really we aren't difficult to please. Our highest priority is a beautiful view with good snorkeling. A few good meals, decent accomodations and a relaxing, stress free week.

Can anyone offer input on any or all of these resorts? Anything I need to reconsider? (have heard Caneel will no longer be a Rosedwood Resort)

I appreciate your help. Thanks!
Sep 1st, 2013, 04:33 AM

Good snorkeling really leaves Barbados out, Virgin Islands is terrific for that.

Crane actually more posh than other 2, Caneel and Peter while elegant are more laid back.

On Peter, it's harder to hop around the Virgins, so I would pick Caneel. From there you can day trip, especially to Virgin Gorda which is stunning, and even day trip to Peter!
Sep 1st, 2013, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help. I didn't even think of the potential to visit Peter from Caneel. Crane looks very nice but I hadn't heard much about snorkeling there. I really appreciate your input! You helped me decide on T and C a few years back!
Sep 2nd, 2013, 08:51 AM

I didn't actually stay on Caneel but visited it and thought it was a bit too rustic and stuffy. I did stay on Peter I a few yrs ago, and loved it. I thought the rooms and service were great, the beach lovely, and you could hop to other BVI locations. My vote is with Peter (I am not a fan of Barbados at all, think Virgin Islands are so much more stunning)

Search this Thread