25th Anniversary Trip

Old Dec 28th, 2017, 04:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
25th Anniversary Trip

My husband and I are celebrating our 50th birthdays and 25th wedding anniversary in April. We are looking for a 5 day trip. We are not all inclusive types. We do like nature, interesting food ,history and beautiful scenery We are struggling to find someplace special. We went to Italy a few years back and fell in love, so we are comparing everything to that! We are thinking about St Lucia or maybe Costa Rica ( we were there before with our kids ) and are coming from the east coast.( FYI- We had settled a few months back on St Maarten but that has changed sadly due to the devestation of the hurricanes.)
Budget is flexible, around 4000 and we are open to renting a house, etc.
. Any ideas are appreciated!
Old Dec 28th, 2017, 01:18 PM

Where are you flying from? With only 5 days you probably want to choose a destination you can reach non-stop or, at least, with a short connection so you can maximize your time “on island”.

St. Lucia certainly fits your wish list. You might also look at Grenada, Barbados, St. Kitts, Nevis and perhaps St. Barth’s.
Old Jan 1st, 2018, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! We are considering St. Lucia, but may be going in a different direction as far as area- we are considering Portugal and extending the trip a day or two.