Myself and a friend plan on travelling to Cuba in March for approx.2 weeks. We are trying to plan an itinerary and wonder with the distances involved if we should focus on the places within a few hours of Havana - or if we should go as far as Santiago and Baracoa?
Our main interest is culture and just getting a feel for the country. We travel a lot, and really enjoy spending time experiencing cities and countryside and getting to know a country. Ideally, we don't want a whistle stop tour but are not spend the days sitting around drinking coffee kind of people either! We are not bothered about the beach holiday side of Cuba - a couple of days would be nice, but not at the expense of somewhere that would offer a different side to the culture of Cuba.
We plan to get taxi transfers if possible (one of us suffers from travel sickness) and this does not seem prohibitively expensive. We will stay mostly in casas.
Any tips or advice as to how best to use our time very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 2 Christmas vacation
- 3 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 4 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 5 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 6 NYE in Punta Cana
- 7 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 8 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 9 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 10 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia
- 11 Abaco day trips
- 12 BEWARE of TU Bahamas Rentals
- 13 Caneel Bay in St. John?
- 14 Staniel Cay surrounds - end of year
- 15 Yoga & Surf vacation for my family
- 16 St Croix at Christmas with small children
- 17 Grand Cayman Beaches
- 18 Barbados Cruise to Airport
- 19 New EasyBreathe Snorkel Mask
- 20 sailing the Abacos
- 21 Grace Bay after hurricane
- 22 Private secluded Carribean Cottage
- 23 Advise for first timers to St.Lucia
- 24 1st time to Barbados
- 25 Help selecting an island destination!