I am thinking of planning a trip for 2 to Cuba in October to November ( hopefully avoiding the hurricanes ) this year. I would like to spend a week in an all inclusive beach resort followed by a few days in Havana. How do you arrange such a trip. Are there packages available or do you have to do it all yourself
My initial attempts to get a flight there were about £550+ per person and involved a night in Kingston at each end, which severly limits my time in Cuba.
Are there any direct flights outside of some dodgy Cuban airline, or do you have to go on a charter flight to go direct?
Also , how do you move about the island to get from the beach resort to Havana, if its not easy or particularly safe to hire a car? Is there a safe and comfortable way of bussing across the island by bus or ferry?
Any comments on any of the above questions , or reccomendation on hotels and resorts will be very gratefully received.
Recent ActivityView all Caribbean Islands activity »
- 1 Immigration experience entering USA from Cuba non us citizen
- 2 Jamaica Inn in late April
- 3 Jamaica or Dominican Republic?
- 4 Shuttle From Airport (Hewanora) to Bay Gardens Beach Resort In St. Lucia
- 5 Which Island to visit
- 6 Cuba solo mid December-need your help please
- 7 Romantic Barbados vacation
- 8 First week in April : NYC to beach, all inclusive
- 9 Want to buy cigars in Havana
- 10 Anyone go to Grace Bay TCI over Thanksgiving?
- 11 Taking Items to Cuba
- 12 Moving... Crohn's disease?
- 13 Bermuda Restaurants
- 14 Nevis Nice - Trip Report
- 15 Barbados: Turtle Beach vs. Bougainvillea
- 16 Christmas vacation
- 17 Spring Trip with 7 & 5 y/o
- 18 SWIMMING AND FOOD...WHICH ISLAND TO CHOOSE?
- 19 Southern Caribbean Getaway Advice
- 20 Aruba All Inclusive vs. Not
- 21 NYE in Punta Cana
- 22 Chacchoben Ruins, The Real Thing?
- 23 Bicycle Ride in Ocho Rios
- 24 st.thomas vs st. croix
- 25 Favorites and Must-dos in St. Lucia