Reload this Page >

1st Cruise - Shore Excursions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2001, 08:01 PM
Bruce`

My wife and I will be taking our first cruise, RCCL-Explorer of the Seas, Sept 15, for 7 nights. Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Labadee. We are wondering about the shore excursions. Any not to be missed? Or should be skipped? <BR> <BR>Any other advise would be appreciated. <BR> <BR>Thanks.

Old Aug 14th, 2001, 08:33 AM
Julie

Bruce, <BR> <BR>You may want to try posting your question on one of the cruisecritic.com message boards. They could probably provide more info for you than you'd find here. Here's a link to the Royal Caribbean board: <BR> <BR>http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/O...44&f=408097554 <BR>

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 01:35 PM
Eileen

Went on RCCL Monarch last month. In St. Thomas, we took a shore excursion to St. John and loved it. St. John is absolutely gorgeous, St. Thomas is the place to go if you want to shop. St. Thomas was just too built up for our taste although we did enjoy the ride on the Paradise Tram to see the view. I have also been to San Juan and recommend you take a shore excursion outside of the city -- SJ is just one big city with traffic, crime and crowds. Try the beaches at Dorado or the Rainforest.

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 10:23 AM
sonya

Bruce, <BR> <BR>I was on EOS in late May. It was a wonderful experience! Since it was our first cruise, we booked most of our excursions through RCCL. I would recommend the Puerto Rican rain forest tour. You can create your own excursions at a cheaper cost with locals who hang around the ship as passengers disembark, but if you are not back on the ship at the appointed time, the ship will leave you. If you book an excursion through RCCL, the ship will wait for you if you are late.

Old Aug 21st, 2001, 04:04 PM
moline

We did our own shore excursion to St John. Loved it! Going back for a week next summer. We took a Snuba (combination snokel/scuba, don't need to be certified). This was at Trunk Bay in St John. Worth the money and the slight hassle to get over to St John.