10 year anniversary trip without kids.........ideas please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning to get away in early June for 1 week to celebrate our 10 year anniversary without the kids. We need to recharge our batteries. Want a warm beach, good food, clean resort, a spa, a nice pool and preferably all inclusive without young children. I keep reading different reviews on some of the high end place in St Lucia but am wondering what else is out there on other islands. We have never traveled to the Caribbean. We spent our honeymoon on a Over the water bungalow on Bora Bora and loved every minute of it. We do not want to travel to Mexico (security concerns) and are flying out of San Francisco. Willing to pay $500++/night if it's worth it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 11:42 AM

Take a look at Palm island in the Grenadines. It's a privately owned island. There are no roads. There are two restaurants, a spa, an awesome beach, great food - oh, and it's an AI. They also have a very nice library and games room. They pay the inter-island transfer from Barbados.
There are no TV's or telephones in the rooms as it is a place to go where you unplug and recharge your batteries. No over the water bungalows, but it sort of reminds me of Bora Bora. We will be there again in 12 days and can't wait. Because you are going in low season, your rates will be better.
Old Jan 27th, 2011, 02:10 PM

When we go without our kids, we like to go to adults only places -- check out Galley Bay in Antigua, it's actually operated by the same company that operates Palm Island and there are many similarities. Don't be put off by the rack rates -- for June you will be able to get at least 30% off and everything is included in the price except excursions and spa treatments. I have Palm Island on my wish list but it is more difficult to get to so haven't made it there yet.
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 09:21 AM

Biras Creek Virging Gorda
Cap Jaluca Anguilla
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. I am now seriously considering Biras Creek. Is seem to be just what I was looking for. Now to find the best deal....
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 11:31 AM

My honeymoon was Bora Bora!
Forget All Inclusives, contradiction to what you're looking for.

Try something like Parrot Cay, while not AI, you can get a food add on.

Cap Jaluca would be spectacular too, although the pool is just okay, and not AI, the food is the best in Caribbean on Anguilla.

Palm Island is AI, and very rustic-also gorgeous. The views from the beach are similar to Bora Bora.

Biras Creek is nice, did not stay but have seen it-Virgin Gorda is gorgeous. I personally would do a split between Little Dix Bay and Caneel Bay-includes transfers between the 2.

Again not AI, but Pinks Sands Beach Resort on Harbour Island Bahamas is pretty special too.

In June with specials will probably have your price range.