#1 restaurant in the Turks and Caicos

Mar 27th, 2002, 04:47 PM
sarah

#1 restaurant in the Turks and Caicos

Coco Bistro is amazing! The service and food are out of this world!

Mar 28th, 2002, 04:51 AM
Howard

We also like Coco Bistro. The grouper in puff prstry in excellent but our vote for the best restaurant goes to Coyoba at Coral Gardens. Truly outstanding

Mar 28th, 2002, 04:59 AM
Beth

Thanks for starting this topic. We are going in about a month and I am curios to see where we should plan to eat!

Mar 28th, 2002, 05:24 AM
Dudley

We had an excellent Valentine's Day dinner at Anacaona at the Grace Bay Club earlier this year. It could not have been any better.

Mar 28th, 2002, 07:11 AM
foot

tiki hut -- off season
pizza & margaritas

Mar 28th, 2002, 10:02 AM
sarah

Oh ya, Coyaba is amazing too, also we loved Bay Bistro at Sibonne hotel. The tapas are amazing especially the tuna sashimi. Dudley I have to disagree with you on Anacaona. We had horrible service. The food was nothing to write home about either.

Mar 28th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Howard

Beth-Go to wwwdebbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com and click on Turks and Caicos and reviews. I have a review of Coral Gardens on that site with restaurant recommendations. We will be on Provo for our 11th time 10-17 April anad 6th time at Coral Gardens. I have to agree about Anacona. Very romantic spot but food only good. The chef left several years ago and opened the Terrace and a restaurant at Provo Golf Club which are better than Anacona. Go for an after dinner drink on Fri or Sat and listen to the band. Really nice bar

Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:44 PM
mike a

Coyaba hands down, anaconna second coco bistro third....thats the best win place show combo...howerver, there are also about 10 others that are well worth checking out.

Apr 4th, 2002, 05:46 AM
Kelly

Where would you go if you wanted some good locally prepared food? Also, who has great seafood?

Apr 4th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Provo Fan

Before you send everyone rushing to Coco Bistro, you should warn them that it is mainly Moroccan food and not to everyones taste. The atmosphere and ambiance is unbeatable tho.

Apr 4th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Mary

Just got back and our favorite was Bay Bistro at the Sibonne Resort. Beautiful Setting, good food and service and decent prices. Also loved Coco Bistro (it was not moroocon food-what the heck are they talking about???) Coyoba was good but very over priced. Watch them-they are very sneaky---they included the 10% service under the tax line so you would tip twice. A lot of places do that so BEWARE. Baci was also good.

Apr 5th, 2002, 04:58 AM
Howard

To Kelly--For good local food/seafood try Smokeys on the Bay (used to be Pub on the Bay) in Blue Hills. Fish, conch, peas and rice, mac and cheese cole slaw etc. There is also a place in Blue Hills , think it is called the conch shack. Really native. Look for the piles of conch shells. They pull the shells out of the water and prepare the conch. Can't get much fresher. Dora's restaurant on Leeward Highway has a seafod buffet Mon and Thurs and also live music. Conch burgers are great at Caicos Cafe. Fairways restaurant at the golf club has lobster night on Thurs. Lobster prepared about 5 different ways. Only 5 days till we're in Provo. Can't wait

Apr 5th, 2002, 05:14 AM
Kelly

Thanks Howard. This thread has been great and I'm going to print it out to take with me. Only 7 days 'til paradise for us...

Apr 6th, 2002, 04:55 AM
Howard

Kelly--Where are you staying?? We will be at Coral Gardens room 1212. Perhaps our paths will cross. If you go to www.debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com and click on Turks and Caicos and reviews I have a review of Coral Gardens on that site along with restaurant recommendations.

Apr 6th, 2002, 06:15 PM
lori

we had our best meals at caicos cafe. we had a terrible dinner at coco bistro. the food (had to send back lobster twice it was so overcooked) and the service (not a smile for miles) were awful. we liked coyoba. Ripples (at coral gardens too) was very good for lunch. Grace's cottage and anacoana were ok--all very overpriced.

Search this Thread