Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Your most wonderful restaurant experiences in Quebec City?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 11:58 AM
Lisa

Okay. I have tried the "new' search function and it came up with a whopping 2 listings for "Quebec City restaurants." What are (or were) some of your favorites in this enigmatic city? We love alllll kinds of food (especially French!) and are looking fo both upscale and casual.<BR><BR>Bon Apetit!<BR><BR>Lisa (I'm Not)

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Bill

Lisa: I recommend the A La Bastille at 47 St Genevieve St 692 2544. Wife and I had our best meal there. Also highly recommend the La Cafe Du Monde at 57 rue Dalhousie. Bill

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 03:04 PM
V

I suggest small meals all day long; there are so many small cafes and such. Try this site:<BR>http://www.quebecregion.com/e/restaurants.asp<BR><BR>I found a lot of restaurants here. Make sure to order cheese (its very different, very yummy) and have mussels somewhere. We had a good meal at Paris Breste and take advantage of the prix fixe meals and prices. Make sure you investigate the area near the outdoor food market by the harbour and the antique area, sorry i can't recall the street names (all in the lower city area). The best maps of the area are available once you go into Vieux Quebec and find the tourist building. Great romantic restaurant: Le Saint-Amour <BR>Web site: www.saint-amour.com

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 07:09 AM
sandra

my favorite restaurant in qc is called LE MESCLUNauthentic french food from provence...They serve the best bouillabaisse ever eaten, and pesto sauce is terrific, and what could i say about their chocolate deserts and french home made pies, i could have killed for those...My husband had the Lavander flowers sauce with his roasted quails, so good,....<BR>try it , you'll agree with me!

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 07:54 AM
Helen

We had a wonderful lunch at Portofino.It<BR>was recommended to us by a nice lady from New York.Awesome food!It's in the upper town.Our favorite meal was at a place in lower town called Mouliniere(sp?) Moss.They serve mussels several different ways and they have great chocolate desserts.I believe it's a Belgian restaraunt, very lively!