Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Canada (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/)
-   -   Wishes for a Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! (https://www.fodors.com/community/canada/wishes-for-a-happy-canadian-thanksgiving-908563/)

LoveItaly Oct 8th, 2011 02:01 PM

Wishes for a Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Hello to our cousins up in Canada. Good wishes are sent from Northern California that you and your loved ones have a great Thanksgiving dinner, good company and what I believe is a three day weekend.

I always wished that our Thanksgiving was celebrated the same time as Canada's as our US Thanksgiving is so close to our Christmas holiday.

Eat and drink well, relax and just enjoy your holiday!

traveller69 Oct 8th, 2011 02:18 PM

Thank you LoveItaly! we have had conversations via Fodors over the good old days in Vancouver and do you know that Dal Richards is still going strong. He and his band were entertaining at the PNE just last month.

I know you are going through a bad time right now and I wish you all the best. Time is your friend and there will certainly be brighter days ahead.

sludick Oct 8th, 2011 04:27 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, traveller69!

I presume you are spending the holiday in Victoria? Please accept my best wishes for a splendid holiday.

LoveItaly, I am holding you in my thoughts and prayers, along with those you love. There will indeed be brighter days ahead.

traveller69 Oct 8th, 2011 04:57 PM

Hi Sludick nice to hear from you and thank you for the good wishes. If all goes well we will be in Arizona to celebrate US Thanksgiving as well. Hope to see you next summer.

April Oct 8th, 2011 08:07 PM

Thanks, LoveItaly. You always remember us.

amygirl Oct 9th, 2011 05:17 PM

Thank you LoveItaly for the good wishes for our Thanksgiving. In my humble opinion it is soooo nice for us up here in Canada to be acknowledged for our slightly different observences of dates on the calendar, even if those south of the border don't even know we exist or celebrate at a different time from you in America

prinret Oct 10th, 2011 11:07 AM

Your good wishes are most appreciated. Thank you so much.

sludick Oct 10th, 2011 11:15 AM

We raised a glass of Okanagan wine for you in tribute yesterday! Well, to be honest.... it was several glasses. All Canadian wine.

immimi Oct 10th, 2011 01:16 PM

...we did too - Wild Goose Vineyard's Pinot Gris. We tried
it last month at RauDZ in Kelowna and thought it was good.

traveller69 Oct 10th, 2011 01:17 PM

Sludick - the local wineries used to bring in extra stock when I told them you were coming!!!! Even those rehabilited owls got excited. I think you should apply for the job of the Okanagan Wine Ambassador in Florida!

sludick Oct 10th, 2011 01:49 PM

>:D< But of course!!

DH wouldn't let me open the last Wild Goose, so we went with Sumac Ridge (Black Sage vineyard).

And whatta ya know? There are burrowing owls here in Florida as well! I have a picture of some at my desk, although without all the good wineries they hardly need rehabilitating...

kodi Oct 11th, 2011 02:11 PM

LoveItaly I'm just seeing this now . Thank you for your kind wishes . I was too busy eating turkey and enjoying the glorious weather we had , to be checking fodors .
So it's a nice surprise to see your wishes today .

I hope you are feeling a bit better . Hugs to you

traveller69 Oct 11th, 2011 03:43 PM

Sludick I think a couple of those owls stowed away in your suitcase trying to escape rehab and wanted to spend winters in a warmer place!

Morningglory47 Oct 11th, 2011 07:30 PM

Thank you, LoveItaly.

AndrewDavid Oct 11th, 2011 09:38 PM

hi nancy, and belated happy thanksgiving to you. i warmed up by spending the previous week in vancouver @ the VIFF, the international film festival. saw 16 films and visited w/ friends old and new. family dinner @ lake cowichan about 1.5 hrs n of victoria and on the monday dinner w/ friends on the inner harbour. hope you are well
cheers
andrew