Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

will be arrive in victoria evening of 7/18 and leave morning of 7/20 - how long's the wait on BC ferry with car?

Search

will be arrive in victoria evening of 7/18 and leave morning of 7/20 - how long's the wait on BC ferry with car?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:21 PM
Susan

I was going to take the BC ferry with my car on the evening of 7/18 from tsawassen to victoria. how long is the wait? Then I wanted to take the ferry back to vancouver on the morning of 7/20. how long's that wait?<BR><BR>

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:48 PM
Robyn

There is no definite answer to your question. It depends on the crowds and when you arrive and the ferry you hope to catch. The ferries leave every hour. So, if you arrive half an hour before they leave, you should only wait half an hour before you board. If you arrive half an hour before the ferry leaves, but because of large crowds it's already full, you'll have to wait half an hour, plus an extra hour for the next sailing wait.<BR><BR>No one can tell you how long your wait will be. But with a sailing every hour, if you don't get on that ferry, you'll only have to wait an hour for the next one.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 08:43 PM
gary

For a small extra fee - I believe it's about $5 - you can reserve a guaranteed sailing on the ferry. You still should arrive around 30 minutes in advance anyways but at least you'll be guaranteed to be on the ferry you want.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:14 PM
Deb

Gary<BR><BR>The reservation fee is $15.00, even with a reservation you are still required to arrive at the ferry 30 minutes prior to the sailing.

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:37 PM
April

There was lots of space on the ferries that we took earlier this month, both ways. There is no telling how busy they will be but weekdays are usually better.