Reload this Page >

Whistler with teenagers in August

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2002, 05:29 AM
gerda

We're planning a week in Whistler this August - can anyone recommend two-bedroom accommodation fairly central but quiet & reasonable, preferably with kitchen facilities?<BR>Also, any recommendations on places to eat & things to do with two teenage boys would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old May 13th, 2002, 09:09 AM
A.M.

The ASPENS. www.whistlerpremier.com<BR>2br condos on Blackcomb (quieter than the village area) Minutes walk to all fun stuff and closer to lakes than village. I have found easonable rates in summer. Can rent bikes etc. right in building. Has 2 hot tubs and pool.<BR>A.M.

Old May 13th, 2002, 09:14 AM
maudy

well we stayed at the whistler peak properties, which was i believe by the north village, quiet and it had two bedrooms and the one bedroom had two single beds. 2 floors, beautiful kitchen, balcony very nicely furnished. was about 130.00 per nights plus taxes (cdn $). the toll free number is 1-888-267-6666. can't remember if they have a website. you can always go to tourismwhistler.com. there is a skateboard park close the the chateau whistler, plus they should have more activities, could rent bikes. let me know if you need more info. we brought our teenage daughter last summer with her friend and we hardly saw them all day and night. they loved it there and its quite safe.

Old May 13th, 2002, 09:16 AM
maudy

sorry forgot to mention places to eat, that teenagers like, subway, mcdonalds, a&w (actually may not be there anymore) pizza places and a big grocery store, iga.

Old May 13th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Carl Z

Maudy is right about the Bikes-Whistler is mountain biking heaven.<BR><BR>Pay someone to drive you to the top of somewhere and fly down at (almost) breakneck speed-or just rent a machine and roar around the local trails.

Old May 14th, 2002, 06:45 AM
John

There are a hundred places that your kids would like to eat at that are not the major chains, as Whistler is a very youth-oriented town. Even vegetarians get a good selection in Whistler, according to my skiiing, vegan teenage daughter. Your bigger task might be trying to find a good place that is not aimed at the youth market: for time away try the older hotels with good dining rooms, surprisingly civilized.

Old May 14th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Robyn

Vancouver Magazine has a good section on Whistler restaurants at their website:<BR><BR>http://www.vanmag.com/diningout/default.html