Search

Which hotels in Toronto downtown & Niagara

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which hotels in Toronto downtown & Niagara

Hi...

I'm looking for 3 nights stay in Toronto downtown and 1 night in Niagara Falls.

Anyone stayed in any of this place : Days Inn -Toronto West Lakeshore or Downtowner Inn, Alexandra Hotel, The Grange Hotel??
Please give me your feedback/comments. They are all in good location of downtown Toronto.

Also found Waldorf Motel and Dutch Inn motel in Niagara Falls. Which of this is closer to Niagara falls? Anyone have any suggestion on B & B in Niagara Falls?

Your feedback/comments are appreciated.

Old May 12th, 2007, 04:18 AM
BAK

Check addresses, maps, etc.

The Days Inn may be at the corner of Queen Street West and Ronsecelles, and in Toronto terms, is poorly located and is a converted dumpy place. That said, perhaps the rooms are clean, and it is on two street car routes, one leading to the Bloor subway after about a ten minute ride, and the other going right downtown.

It's on the edge of a Polish / Eastern European neighborhood and there are several good, inexpensive, restaurants nearby.

I can'ticture the other places; The Grange may be on a back street near Kensington Market.

I'm assuming you picked these becaue they are the lowest priced you could find.

BAK
Old May 12th, 2007, 04:29 AM
BAK

The Alexandra and the Grange are in pretty dumpy neighborhoods, but in Toronto that might mean there's a doctor living in the house next door and a university professor across the street.

I'd pickl either of these only if I was on a very low budget, and in my twenties.

Trip advisor had a terrible review of the Downtowner. It too is in a dumpy neighborhood.

None of the hotels in your list is a good one.

BAK
Old May 12th, 2007, 11:37 AM
wow

If your budget is really tight, why not spend 3 nights in Toronto & do a day trip to NF? Cut one night's stay from your trip.
Old May 12th, 2007, 12:16 PM

For Niagara Falls, look at Days Inn Near the Falls. It's just off of Clifton Hill, but within minutes of the falls. I got a room for $80.10CAD in August. It gets pretty good reviews. Most of the complaints seem to be from folks comparing it to $200/night rooms.

Finding an inexpensive place in downtown Toronto is much harder. I couldn't find anything under $100 that was relatively decent. Even the hostels, etc. were higher priced or questionable. If you're really limited on funds, it might be better to stay a bit further out and spend more time commuting downtown.
Old May 19th, 2007, 11:54 PM

Your best bet are the college residences, check out hostelworld.com for pricing and reviews. And a day trip to Niagara Falls by train done independently is about $40 return Canadian.