Search

Where to watch Yankees - Red Sox game this weekend in Quebec City

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to watch Yankees - Red Sox game this weekend in Quebec City

Hi all you sports fans!

I desperately need your help in finding a place to watch the Yankees - Red Sox games in Quebec City this weekend. We are flying in Friday morning and leaving Sunday, so we need to find a place to watch the game Friday and Saturday night.

Please help!!!!!!!!
Jacki
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 08:43 AM
BAK

Your hotel room television is your best bet, but you'll need to know that the hotel's cable service provides a channel broadcasting the games.

Most hotel/home cable service broadcasts only Canadian-approved channels, but many of these have deals with US cable networks, so, for instance, TSN (Canadian - The Sports Network) gets feeds from us US sports channels.

If the games will be on a major US boradcast network (ABC, CBS, NBC) you'll get them on almost any television in Quebec City.

You might find the games on a television set in a bar in a big hotel, where it could be expected that there are lots of English-speaking people, from Canada or the USA. Chances of finding a local sports bar showing English-language baseball is fairly slim, but maybe someone can help. Sports bars are more likely to have satelitte signals that pick up US sports networks.

I'd try the Chateau Frontenac first, to see if the bartender will agree to tune a television set to the game.

Not a lot of people go to Quebec City to watch baseball on television.

BAK
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

The game is on Fox sports in the US, and it's a big rivalry, so I'm hoping it will be on somewhere. Trying the Frontenac is a good suggestion. Some of the chain hotels may be a next shot, if it's not on at the Frontenac. I'll try and email the concierge at the hotel I'm staying at to get a head start.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Jacki
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 02:32 PM
BAK

Will, Fox sports isn't on Canadian cable, so you'll need either a Canadian cable network picking up the feed, or someplace with quasi-legal satellite signals. US signals in Canada are all tangled up is various legislations.

BAK
Old Oct 12th, 2004, 02:40 PM
BAK

Bingo, so to speak.

The Rogers Sportsnet East network is carrying the games.

go to www.sportsnet.ca and then track down the schedule, etc. Quebec City would be in the East section, and is most likely on the television cable systems in Quebec City, although perhaps at a premium priced level.

So far, so good. At least the signal is in the city. Next project might be to check what channels are on the television sets in your hotel room, because this is a premium service. And bars are likely to have this channel.

There are lots of baseball fans in French Canada, sothis might be a bilingual experience, with cheers and boos in French, but what the heck, baseball's getting very multinational.

BAK

Old Oct 13th, 2004, 03:46 PM

I get Fox on the rabbit ears in Montreal. Not in Quebec City though.

Try the resto-bar "La cage aux Sports"... but they don't list the MLB series for saturday.

http://www.cage.ca/ecrans.asp?semaine=y
Old Oct 14th, 2004, 02:14 PM

You will not have a problem. Sportsnet and Fox are available on basic cable in Quebec City. You can also watch the game in French on RDS, which is probably what will be shown in bars.