Where to stay in Prince George

Jul 11th, 2005, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

Where to stay in Prince George

I guess that many people wonder where they will overnight in Prince George on their way between Prince Rupert and Jasper. Well, I'm on of them. Dont have a bankroll, but would like a bathroom and a decent restaurant somewhere nearby. Suggestions????
Jul 12th, 2005, 12:42 AM

Hi macca,

I'm yet to make this journey (doing so in August) but took some advice and this is what we came up with.

First day drive 220 miles to Smithers (less travelling to be able to see some of PR and the Skeena Valley). Staying at Stork's Nest Inn.
Jul 12th, 2005, 12:48 AM

[sorry - hit "post" too early]

Second day - drive 230m to Prince Geroge for a break, then 130m to McBride. Staying at Sandman Inn.

I imagine you'd planned to get to Jasper on the second day, but we thought this spread the travelling a little better. McBride leaves only 100 miles the next day, is a cheaper place to stay, and you can visit Mount Robson on the way into Jasper instead of having to back-track.
Jul 12th, 2005, 01:31 AM
Original Poster

Thanks pauldb. Guess I forgot to say that we will be travelling by train, so we do not have the flexibility for what you are suggesting. So, any suggestions for accommodations?

Search this Thread