Reload this Page >

5 choices for Toronto Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 05:56 AM
Jean

Would you stay at*: <BR> <BR>Park Hyatt <BR>Westin Harbour Castle <BR>Intercontinental <BR>Hilton <BR>Four Seasons <BR> <BR>*With 2 teenagers - main interests are CN Tower & Art Gallery. <BR> <BR>I'm narrowing it down some, at least! This is so overwhelming! <BR>Jean <BR>

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 07:06 AM
Brian Kilgore

Are these sophisticvated kids (the art gallery interest indicates this may be so)? <BR> <BR>You can't beat the Four Seasons, but it's for rich, sophisticated, cultured folks who speak quietly and behave themselves. Teensagers may find it boring. I was int he Four Seasons a few weeks ago, when the BackStreet Boys were staying there, and hotel management treatedteh teensagers haning out in hopes of glimpse with complete and utter respect. It was, on balnace, really cool. <BR> <BR>Forget the Hyatt; guaranteed dull. <BR> <BR>From those choices, the Intercontinental is just as dull as the Hyatt. <BR> <BR>Westin is great bet because it is right down by the water, short walk to the CN Tower, close enough to public transit to get to the Art Gallery (or not that much of a walk) <BR> <BR>Hilton is half way between the ARt Gallery and the CN Tower, but is also close to Queen Street West, whcih is a shopping, restaurant, comic book stores, etc. neighborhood that sucks teenagers into it like a magnet. <BR> <BR>Hilton has a better pool than any of the others except maybe for the Harbour Castle (I don't know its pool at all) <BR> <BR>My choice, in order, if they were my kids a dozen years ago when I had two teenagers: Westin or Hilton (tossup)Four Seasons, Hyatt, Intrcontinental. <BR> <BR>ADVICE: if youlike art galleries, do not skip the main Royal Ontario Museum, which is a block or less from Four Seasons, Intercontinental and Hyatt, but easy enough to get to from the other hotels. <BR>BAK <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 08:52 AM
Jean

I've booked a room at the Westin Harbor Castle (partial harbor view) for $107USD (with a 50% award thru their frequent stay program - sounds like a great price) and one at the Intercontinental for $192USD which includes breakfast for two and free parking. I've decided against the Four Seasons (because of the possible "stuffiness" aspect) and the Hyatt (the cost was pretty high and I wasn't impressed with the person at reservations who waited on me). I've yet to check the Hilton. I'll have to decide on which of the reservations to cancel. They both look good, but appear to be pretty different accomodations. Ya'll are very helpful to this Southerners vacation planning! <BR>Jean <BR>

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 01:40 PM
gary

Hey, this has to be a no-brainer now. Go with the Harbour Castle. The Queens Quay area is a real happening place and the hotel really is nice-maybe not as classy as the inter-continentel but for the price you've been quoted it's definately a much better buy.

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 02:35 PM
Brian Kilgore

Save the money on the hotel bill. Spend it somewhere else. Keep the Harbor Castle reservation. <BR> <BR>BAK

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 05:38 PM
Jean

I was leaning heavily towards the Westin Harborcastle - thanks for making it unanimous! Now for figuring out this pesky exchange rate issue..... <BR> <BR>Jean

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 09:15 PM
Bonnie

I would consider the Sheraton Centre. It wasn't mentioned but perhaps it should have been. Also the Marriott Eaton Centre. Both are central. The Westin Harbour Castle is not as centrally located. I was down at Harbourfront today and it was great but if I was doing the Toronto scene I would want to be more centrally located but would plan to spend time on day doing the harbour. Just a thought.