Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Where to eat in between Nanaimo and Tofino?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be driving from Nanaimo (departing about 2:30 p.m.) to Tofino (arriving ???) and are looking for a great place to eat in between those two points. I don't even know our route yet but our route could easily be swayed by our choice of restaurant. We are a family of four - two adults, two almost adult kids. We like all kinds of food and are equally happy at a burger joint and a fancy French restaurant ... as long as the food is GREAT! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

p.s. We are eating at The Point at Wickaninnish Inn our 2nd night in Tofino so we've already got that great place covered.
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:13 AM

There's pretty much just one route between Nanaimo and Tofino and as many times as I've traveled it and tried different places (mainly in the Port Alberni area), I have yet to find great (or even very good) food on the way. I would LOVE to hear if anyone's found something!

In any event, given that you'll be in Nanaimo early enough to get to Tofino by dinnertime, I'd head on out there where you'll be spoiled for choice.
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:37 PM

You'd be hard pressed to find much between the two...the only thing, other than Port Alberni that I can think of is stopping in Qualicum Beach, but that's only a 30 minute drive from Nanaimo...Past Port Alberni, there's pretty much nothing until you get to Tofino...
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 02:14 PM

Pack picnic lunches and stop off in a park along the way to eat. That would be my recommendation.
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Original Poster

I LOVE the idea of the picnic lunch! I think that is what we will do ... especially in light of the fact that there doesn't seem to be many (any) good choices. Thank you all!!