Reload this Page >

Whats the best hotel in Toronto

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Ron

What is the best hotel to stay at in Toronto. Money no object, and money being an issue.

Old May 18th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Heather

Best hotel is probably the boutique Windsor Arms, on St. Thomas Street (just off Bloor) or the Four Seasons (the first in the chain) in the same area. If you go for the Four Seasons ask for a renovated room. The Park Hyatt, across the road is also good.<BR>

Old May 19th, 2002, 08:15 PM
Bonnie

I would definitely say that the Park Hyatt is where I would put guests in Toronto where money is no object. Staying in either the North Tower (newer) or the South Tower (also redone) makes no difference. If money was an issue I would still try to have my guests stay in the Yorkville/Bloor area and would get quotes from the Marriott Yorkville/Bloor (ebreaks if possible) or the Bay/Bloor Executive Suites or the Quality or Howard Johnsons nearby. A newer area for hotels that are more reasonable is Jarvis Street but it wouldn't be my choice to put anyone there.

Old May 20th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Susan

Park Hyatt w/out question! We used to stay @ 4 Seasons but in the past few years it has become a little long in the tooth. Definitely ripe for a major refurbishment. So we moved to Park Hyatt & love it. Have not stayed @ Windsor Arms but have friends who stay there regularly when in To.

Old May 21st, 2002, 05:35 AM
John K

Yes, definitely the Park Hyatt!

Old May 21st, 2002, 04:26 PM
Heather

You might also want to look into The Old Mill Inn, depending how long you're staying. It's not downtown, but right on the subway line. It's super-luxurious, definitely a boutique hotel, has a great spa and is in a very rural setting, surrounded by lots of parkland, with lots of hiking etc (stayed there a couple of months ago).