what is the best to see in 10 days?

Aug 5th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Original Poster

what is the best to see in 10 days?

Tanya I hope you respond to this I love all your sugestions which some one could tell me where to go first so I wont wast time we are flying into halifax would love to see the best of ns dont know which way to start first we will be their the last of sept any sugestions would be greatful I do have a dreamers guide but not enough help
Aug 5th, 2005, 08:31 PM

y5, a couple of us have responded to your question in your other recent post. We would be more than happy to help you tailor your trip if you'll tell us what interests you (museums, whale watching, music, cultural attractions, hiking, all of the above, etc.)
Aug 5th, 2005, 10:19 PM

Mahone Bay, Lunenburg and Cape Breton Island along with Halifax itself are must places to see.
Aug 6th, 2005, 04:23 PM

The Balancing Rock is on the way to Brier Island... There is a surprising Zoo in Aylesford, in the Annapolis valley. If you arrive in the late afternoon you may get to see the lions being fed...
Do not travel along the coastal route from Halifax to Canso. Leave that for a longer visit. The coastal drives can eat up lots of time. The coastline of Nova Scotia is 4709 miles, so pick and choose carefully. The Cabot Trail, of course you must give that a day. Also, note that the airport is actually 25 miles from the city. Driving from the airport to Sydney, Cape Breton takes 4-5 hours. Make sure you have a donair while you are in Nova Scotia, and some poutine at any KFC.
Aug 8th, 2005, 11:17 AM

Halifax is surprisingly vibrant and hip for a small (350,000) city. Tons of great restaurants/bars/pubs in the downtown. I'd focus on seafood, but lots of other great choices as well. Make sure you go to Spring Garden Road and Historic Properties. Some of the pubs have great live music but don't remember names (one is the Lower Deck), ask around.

If you're there in lobster season, stop in a fishing village for a lobster feast.

You can easily consume 3-4 days in Halifax. Other itineraries -
Cape Breton Island: Cabot Trail and Baddeck (avoid Sydney).
South Shore: Peggy's Cove (an absolute must), Chester, Mahone Bay, Lunenburg.
Annapolis Valley: Wolfville, Annapolis Royal / Port Royal, Digby (best scallops in the world).
Kejimkujik National Park: especially if you like canoeing.
Aug 8th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Original Poster

thanks for your responces i need advice for my trip what i have so far
1 st day arrive halifax 3pm acadia festival
2ndlave halifax ride tidal bore because of tides we had to do it on this day we have to be in urbania by 1.30 spend nite
3 & 4 days to wolf ville halls harbor annapolis royal wated to go to digy but dont know if it will be the season for wale will it be worh our time we could possibly see them in cb tih is where mt problem is we will be covering back the same way to go to cb any sugestions? want to see antigonish
day 5&6 we need to be in baddeck
at telegraph inn cover trails hike small ones music seanery
day7 keltic lodgeone nite
want to go on sail to the wales and ride with the eagles
day 8 no plans but on around to meat cove cheticamp inverness mahone bay every says to go counterclock wise any sugestions for day 8
day 9 we have reservations at lipscombe lodge but want to see louisburg on the way theimy other problem is driving the coast back to halifax on day 10 i hear it is long drive also wanted tobe in halifaxon day 10 to do peggys cove chester lunenberg is it enpugh time to be able to see more on halifax before plane leaves on 11 day at 3 pm a we are flexable for the most part except for the tidal bore othe reservation can be change if i do it soon someone please help

Search this Thread