Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Canada
Reload this Page >

Westin Harbour Castle/Lion King Toronto ?????????????

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Marie

I'm taking my 19 year old daughter to see the Lion King, we are staying at the Westin Harbour Castle, What is near the Westin as far as attractions, clubs, restaurants, shopping???? <BR><BR>I was in Toronto once years ago but at the Delta Chelsea and went to see Phantom at the Pantages, how far are we from that area? I remember Hard Rock being right there.<BR><BR>Any suggestions for after the show????<BR><BR>Thank you,

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 08:39 PM
Brian Kilgore

In major city blocks:<BR><BR>The Westin is on the lakefront, on Queen's Quay, at Bay.<BR><BR>Walk west to York one longish block, and then one more block to Rees Street.<BR><BR>Walk north (away from the lake) the equivalent of about three blocks, to the base of the CN Tower. Walk north two more blocks, and you are at the Lion King's theatre.<BR><BR>Across from, next door to, just down the block from the theatre are twenty good restaurants, and many clubs. It's called The Entertainment District.<BR><BR>The Toronto Transit Commission (local buses) has a streetcar service that runs right by the hotel, and takesyou tothe subway, so it is easy to get to much of Toronto. And the ferry boat to the Toronto Islands park is next to the hotel. harborfornt (sort of like South Street Seaport in NY City) is just a couple of blocks away.<BR><BR>You are about a 20 minutes walk from the Chelsea.<BR><BR>BAK<BR><BR>

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 08:40 PM
Brian Kilgore

In major city blocks:<BR><BR>The Westin is on the lakefront, on Queen's Quay, at Bay.<BR><BR>Walk west to York one longish block, and then one more block to Rees Street.<BR><BR>Walk north (away from the lake) the equivalent of about three blocks, to the base of the CN Tower. Walk north two more blocks, and you are at the Lion King's theatre.<BR><BR>Across from, next door to, just down the block from the theatre are twenty good restaurants, and many clubs. It's called The Entertainment District.<BR><BR>The Toronto Transit Commission (local buses) has a streetcar service that runs right by the hotel, and takesyou tothe subway, so it is easy to get to much of Toronto. And the ferry boat to the Toronto Islands park is next to the hotel. Harborfornt (sort of like South Street Seaport in NY City) is just a couple of blocks away.<BR><BR>You are about a 20 minutes walk from the Chelsea.<BR><BR>BAK<BR><BR>

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 03:07 AM
al

Although many will debate this, Westin is fine in Spring/Summer as it is on the water, it is a bit removed during winter/early spring. Chelsea is more central to shopping, restaurants, etc. as are Sheraton, Hilton, Marriott, Metropolitan, Fairmont Royal York.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:47 AM
Brian Kilgore

I went by the Westin yesterday, and I'm revising my walk times. <BR><BR>As I drove, I noticed they really were long, long blocks. There's something to ber said for taking a cab to the theatre.<BR><BR>torontohas two entertainment newspapers, both free, usually available in restaurant lobbies, from street boxes, and many other places. Eye and Now both have extensive listings of clubs and other entertainment, all of which I'm too old to understand. Hpowever, there are many clubs close to the theatre, so once you get there,you're set for the evening.<BR><BR>BAK

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:16 PM
Marie

Thank you Brian, I understand the Westin offers a free shuttle to the theatre, so that will help.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 09:03 PM
Carmen

Thank you, Brian. I am taking my mother (who is 73) to Toronto for the weekend in April. Your advice to others was very helpful to me. Many thanks.