Reload this Page >

Week btwen Xmas and New Years in Banff?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 05:02 AM
BranV

We are arriving in Banff Xmas night and leaving Dec. 30th. Of course we plan to ski, do sleigh ride, ice skating, but my question is: as this is a peak week, what are the odds we will run into "sell outs". For instance: we want to rent our skis rather than haul them from Dallas. Do we need to get them early i.e. do they run out quickly? Regarding sleigh rides, other excursion/tours: same thing, would it be wise to book these a few days before we wish to do them, or will it be fairly simple to do it the day before for the tours, the same day for the sleigh rides? Thanks so much in advance, I haven't been able to find much info/suggestions on Banff during that week.

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 07:51 AM
canuck

Hi BranV...don't know if I can be of much help but we spent a couple of days in Banff last year between Christmas and New Years. We had quite a group and although I didn't ski, several of our group skied and snowboarded. They all made their arrangements the day before..including my sister who booked a 2 hr. ski lesson (advanced) the day before with no problems. She got a pick up. There's a main number they all called...don't know what it is but all the information was at our lodge.

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 10:00 AM
lili

we usually haul our equiptment with us, - even if they don't run out, you still have to stand in line to get your things and then they are usually no where near the quality of you personal stuff. if it's not too much trouble, i'd say bring your own.

Old Oct 15th, 2001, 01:16 PM
jennifer

find the banff tourist website. find a shop in town that will rent for 5 days. it will be cheaper (maybe) and definitly more convenient then renting each day on the hill. no harm in booking in advance.

Old Nov 2nd, 2001, 10:18 AM
sarah

Call the shop "RUDE BOYS" . It's in the Bear St mall right in downtown Banff. They are local guys and have fantastic advice on anything to do with the snow and the mountains. <BR>PS: If you are snowboarding for the first time ask them about the butt pads. You'll be grateful after a long day of falling on your ass.