weather?

Jul 13th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Original Poster

weather?

In degrees fahrenheit, does any one know about what temperature we can expect mid July to end of July in Vancouver, Victoria, Orcas Island and Seattle.
I understand we should be prepared for rain.
I'm not sure what to pack.
Thanks.
Jul 13th, 2004, 06:02 PM

Those four areas will be somewhat the same in temperature, with perhaps Seattle being hotter, Victoria being windier and the likelihood of rain more predominant in Vancouver.

I always suggest visitors bring some kind of lightweight rain jacket and a long sleeved t-shirt/sweater/etc. to layer underneath. I don't like umbrellas but bring one if you use them. Also, sun block, some sort of hat and sunglasses, of course.

A quick and dirty (and relatively accurate) conversion of Celsius to Fahenheit is: (2 x C) + 28 = F.

So today's 28 C in Vancouver = (approx.!) 86 F.

See www.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/ for Vancouver current weather conditions, and the forecast.

Have a great trip,

L

Jul 13th, 2004, 06:03 PM

Ooops - I meant 84 F!

L
Jul 13th, 2004, 06:39 PM

Actually Bowen Linda Seattle is not usually warmer than Vancouver - only the airports with Vancouver's always a few degrees cooler than the city proper while Seattle's is often a few degrees warmer than the city proper. The chances of rain from mid-July to mid-August are about 20-1 meaning that normally you could expect one or two days of rain in that period. When it rains it generally cools down considerably but otherwise temperatures in the 70's and 80'sF during the day and about 15-20 degrees F. cooler overnight are the norm. Humidity at all times is fairly low so the evenings - even when warm - are quite pleasant. Light sweaters or wraps for evenings is a good idea.

Victoria and the Gulf Islands tend to be cooler than Vancouver and Seattle but also much drier.

Search this Thread