wow! what a trip!!!

Search

wow! what a trip!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow! what a trip!!!

hi guys-- yes- alas we returned home to-day with for-ever happy hearts after our brief visit to toronto. it was mind-blowing, the people are so friendly and helpful. our daughter had huge fun on the sub-way back from kennedy on tuesday ( our visit to the zoo which was " awesome "too!!) the ever so friendly allowed her to announce the stations as they came up and to toot the horn---she is still talking about it and is only busting a gut to tell her teacher on monday morn!!! yes jet-lag struck us hard on sat morn ( every-one was up at 5 and we went out at 7) but we stayed out all day, used yonge street for our anchor and off we sailed!!!! i was totally blown away by st. lawrence's market especially the bakery---having a sweet tooth is my down-fall-- so i just had to indulge in the most delicious choc croissants!!! on then to c.n. tower and had a blast until we took the elevator back down--stopped at level 6, a chef got in whilst giving us some strange looks and then he explained to us the "lift" should not have stopped like that----- had some bar-food in spirits bar on church st. 2. sunday-- took train to niagara falls---what can i say --this was the highlight of the trip for me although i did think the tourist scene here was "tacky" .3. monday-- the science centre--- absolutely brilliant-- our daughter had her " hair- raising experience" !!4 the zoo--- totally enjoyed for a real family day out BUT i found the staff at admissions to be terribly rude and they did not inform any-one that the " kid;s part closed the day before for the season!!! 5 went to dufferin for shopping, spent buckets in wal-mart and was only delighted to find a huge toys-r-us there too so with xmas shopping in tow-- dumped that lot at the hotel and headed to the " irish embassy pub& grill for an excellent meal-- it was so good that we went again for late lunch on thursday but no meal will come close to the meal we had at "marche" wow-wow-wow-wow, i have never seen anything like this place---simply amazing!!!i must go now and grab a coffee- sadly its not t.h- as my brain and my body are travel- whacked-----more later---
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 12:54 PM

GREAT trip report!! I am so excited now about my upcoming trip
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 03:12 PM
BAK

Good for you. Glad you liked this place.

That's the second excellent report I've read recently about the Irish Embassy pub.

BAK
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 05:56 PM

Carlow, I'm so glad that you had a good time. Did you get to Waterloo?
Old Oct 16th, 2004, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

hi kodi- now that i'm refreshed after sleeping 14 hours last night( cant believe it) i feel fit for the world!!! no -we didn't make it to waterloo as where our friends lived was 3 hrs away- but we did speak at lenght on the phone!!! our friend offered to pick us up but because we only had 6 days we wanted to do sssooooo much so he ( eventually ) agreed this visit was too busy for us but he will be in Ireland at christmas so this takes the sting out of it!!! these people were my mum-in-laws neighbours in Ireland before emigrating in the 50's as most of them did at that time!!
Old Oct 18th, 2004, 01:14 PM

Hi Helen:

Thanks for the trip report. Very happy you to see that you were able to do your Christmas shopping early. Come back Soon!
Old Oct 18th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Original Poster

hi torontopm- yeah we fell in love with toronto and hey we only got going 'cos i got such a good deal on the net and such marvellous info& advice from ye guys!! hubby would love to do a month/6 wk trip to hop from 1 place to another in canada( he has always been a "state-side" lover but hey presto he has been converted!!! he is still raving about our fab nite out to the " marche " restaurant.....ooooohhh i want to be there now too!!!!!!!!!!! pasta Mmmmmmmm
Old Oct 18th, 2004, 02:09 PM

Hello carlow1
Your enthusiasm is so fantastic to read, so glad you enjoyed your visit! You and your husband will have to try to make it out to western Canada also. There is much to offer in all parts of our country and it is so diverse. Thanks for the great trip report!