I'm starting this thread as a trip report about my recent trip to British Columbia. I traveled to Creston Valley on a business related trip, and though weather was pretty tough by my standards (I'm from Florida) I enjoyed my trip very much and would like to share my experiences.
I booked my flight through the company travel agent and my accommodation through innstant.com. Innstant.com is a great site: they offer the widest selection of hotels in the Creston Valley area than anywhere else I found AND they have the lowest rates. I travel a lot, and I believe that many travel experiences are accommodation related and always try to emphasize this aspect of my planning.
I flew into Spokane, WA and was driven into Canada by my hosts. Let me tell you, it was SNOWING! This is the cheapest way to get to central/western BC (you have a ride, of course).
The countryside in BC is simply stunning, and I spent a great deal of my visit staring dumbfounded out of car windows. I would, however, time my next visit differently (summer).
I spent a couple of days in Cresten (the town) and it is charming. I especially remember fondly the "Break in Time" cafe, whose homey atmosphere and internet service are so important on a cold winter morning.
Nelson was beautiful, too. Great country, really.
The Ainsworth Hot Springs were somewhat of a disappointment - too many people and I didn't feel comfortable. I'd skip that part next time.
In conclusion, I spent about a week in Creston Valley and I highly recommend it for trips of any type. It is truly God's country and folk are hospitable - what else is there?
I will definitely return again.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 BELKIN ROUTER Installation Contact 1800:681:7208 BELKIN Tec*h sup0rt care
- 2 Banff/Lake Louise accommodation and must do's.
- 3 East Cost Road trip from Toronto to NB, PEI, NS in 9 days
- 4 Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and PEI in 7 Days
- 5 Is it possible to drive to Nunavut?
- 6 Car rental Montreal airport - anyone use Ace Rent a Car or NU Car Rental?
- 7 Montreal for new Years
- 8 BrITISH COLUMBIA IN 4 DAYS
- 9 2018 Road Trip to Alaska
- 10 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 11 Toronto - here we come!
- 12 Christmas in Quebec City
- 13 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 14 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 15 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 16 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 17 Montreal for New Years
- 18 Babymoon Destination
- 19 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 20 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 21 My Family Travle Vlog
- 22 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 23 Ottawa in December
- 24 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 25 Quebec City Cozy Pubs