Victoria, BC 3 day itinerary - need help please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Victoria from 11:30 a.m. on July 12, 2009 through 4:30 p.m. on July 15th. We have our Victoria accomodations booked at a B&B on Cook Street. There are a total of 10 of us, all family members. We would like to do the usual touristy highlights such as visit Butchart Gardens, take a whale watch tour, visit the museums, have tea at the Empress, Beacon Hill Park (we will be staying near BHP and across the street from a beach). Any suggestions on an itinerary so we can fit all this into our 3 days there? Thanks!
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 12:36 AM

First question: will you have your own transportation?

Whale watching, Empress Hotel and Royal BC Museum are in the same area. You can walk from your B&B through the park to the Inner Harbour if you all don't mind walking.

The good news is that, if the cruise ship schedule is up-to-date, I don't see any cruise ships in town during your stay which means fewer busloads of people at Butchart Gardens. I like to go there early in the day but you could go later if you want to take advantage of their Summer Dinner Package between 4:00 and 8:00. $39.85 + tax covers admission and supper with soup or salad at the Blue Poppy restaurant. On another day you could have tea and lunch at the White Heather Tea Room in Oak Bay.

If rain is likely, that would be a good time to visit the museum. They have a cafe, but the dining room (photo ID required) across the street at the legislature buildings has good breakfasts and lunches at reasonable prices.
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 05:55 AM

You could do Butchart in the morning and Tea in the afternoon. Unfortunately, we didn't get to tea on our trip in April, but apparently there is also a tea at Butchart. Butchart is fabulous and we took a zillion photos. But if you don't need to know each flower individually, two hours is plenty.
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 01:39 PM
lvk

Excuse me for the hijack, please. April, do you have a link to the cruise ship schedule, so I can try to map out our 3-day August itinerary? Thanks!
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 02:49 PM

Sure, lvk. It is:
http://gvha.v3.ca/c_deepseacruises.php

Tea at Butchart's was not my favourite but I do like their Blue Poppy restaurant.
Old Jul 1st, 2009, 07:05 AM
lvk

Thanks, April. It looks like Thurs-Sat. are the busiest days. We will plan accordingly.