Vancouver's Granville Market

Jun 7th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Vancouver's Granville Market

I will be on a budget when I visit Vancouver this Summer.

What are some of the best places to eat t the Granville Market? I'm looking for ANYTHING (no need to ask me what food I like to eat - I eat it all) that is cheap and tasty.

Thanks
Jun 7th, 2007, 09:14 AM

What I have enjoyed doing in the past at Granville Market is sampling from the various stalls instead of eating at just one. I'll pick up a couple of slices of meat, a wedge of cheese, soem fruit, and a drink then take it outside and sit on the edge of the dock, watching the people and boat traffic as I eat. There are worse ways to spend an hour or two if the weather is good.
Jun 7th, 2007, 09:15 AM

There's a large food court with good choices (not chain, fast food junk): spring rolls, mexican, deli sandwiches, greek, perogies, etc. I'm sure you'll find something to suit your budget & tastes.

There's a few excellent fruit & veggie stands too in case you want to pick up something for your snacks/hotel room.

Enjoy-la!

Jun 7th, 2007, 11:19 AM

Some would actually suggest "Go Fish", which is not in the market, but just outside of Granville Island if you walk out, underneath the bridge, southbound along the waterfront (you'll pass by Sammy J Pepper's). If you keep right and walk along by the condos, you'll see a collection of fish boats and a banner on the dock saying "fresh fish sales" (or something similar). There is a tiny takeout booth right by there and people will be lining up:

http://www.dinehere.ca/restaurant.asp?r=863
Jun 7th, 2007, 11:25 AM
BAK

One of my mos tmemorable meals, anywhere, was at the Granville Island Market. I bought smoked salmon from one retialers, buns from another, cream cheese, blueberries, etc. The only downside was that I ended up with lots of leftovers, and thus had to eat smoked salmon, fresh buns, blueberries, great cream cheese, back at tmy hotel, too.

BAK