vancouver - need good family hotel

Mar 14th, 2000, 04:23 PM
jess

vancouver - need good family hotel

Looking for a reasonable (about $150 Cdn.) place to stay in a convenient location that would accomodate comfortably 2 parents + 2 teenage boys for about 3-4 days. Any suggestions?

Mar 14th, 2000, 09:57 PM
sheri

Jess, when are you traveling? If before April 30, you should be able to find something in that range. In the summertime, however, that's going to be at the low end of anything that would suit four people, if you want to be downtown. A couple of places to try: Rosedale on Robson, the new Hampton Inn, Lord Stanley Suites and the Coast Stanley Park. All of these have suites that could sleep four, but in the summer, the rates may be closer to $175-225 CDN/night.

Mar 14th, 2000, 09:58 PM
sheri

Oh, a couple more suggestions for budget family accommodations: the Sylvia (of course!) and the Century Plaza, which was recommended by someone who stayed there recently (I thought it was a little shabby on my last visit, but apparently it's been renovated since then).

Mar 22nd, 2000, 08:30 PM
Scott McDonald

Hi Jess:

I've stayed at many Vancover hotels, although I live there(here?) and the place you should stay is the Coast Plaza Suites Hotel at Stanley Park...(604)688-7711. Before May 15 it will be in your range, but add $100(CDN$) a night for the summer. Great location near Stanley Park and many of the rooms have kitchenettes, so you can whip up cereal and toast...there's a Safeway Store in the small mall attached. I recommend it to all who are coming to Vancouver....especially with kids.

Cheers!

Scott

Mar 23rd, 2000, 11:49 AM
Susan

I highly recommend the Sylvia for great location (right on English Bay), suites with kitchenettes. It is an older but remodelled hotel. I have stayed there with my two children and husband and we were very comfortable.

May 18th, 2000, 11:12 AM
Jean

Ditto on the Sylvia.

May 22nd, 2000, 06:47 AM
Charles

I came accross an internet coupon on www.LodgingDiscounts.com for the Tall Cedars Bed & Breakfast in Vancouver. They are offering 3 nights for the price of 2. There is a link from their coupon to their website, and from the pictures, it looks like it would be a really neat place for a family vacation.
Hope this helps

May 26th, 2000, 12:10 PM
Marilyn Rice Davies

I often stay at the 2400 Motel on Kingsway. It's an old fahioned motel with two bedroom units and kitchenettes. Off season, it's about $70.00 CDN and in the summer, I expect it would run about $125.00 CDN. It's clean and pleasant. Ask for a unit away from Kingsway to avoid traffic noise. To get downtown, walk down to the 29th St. station to take the Skytrain, or drive down Kingsway to the Dunsmuir Viaduct, turn left and drive through downtown to Stanley Park, in about 20 minutes if it's not rushhour.

May 26th, 2000, 12:20 PM
Stein

Most hotels downtown are very expensive. The Sylvia is good.
They filmed and episode of the X-Files at the 2400 Motel.