Vancouver Itinerary Help

Jun 24th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Linda

Vancouver Itinerary Help

My husband and I are planning a trip to the Vancouver area in September. We have 7 nights to spend there, and are not sure whether to (i) spend all 7 nights in Vancouver and just do day trips from there; (ii) spend a night or two in Victoria; or (iii) split the time between Vancouver and another place... and where? Is 7 nights too long to spend in Vancouver itself?

Jun 24th, 2002, 03:39 PM
Artemis

Depends a lot on what your interests are, and whether you prefer to see as many different things as possible or like to stay in one place.

You could spend a month in Vancouver and you wouldn't see it all. But if you want to "do" all the tourist attractions, then you could definitely spend a couple of nights in Victoria or elsewhere ... again, depends what your interests are.

I suggest reading some of the other posts here that suggest various things to do in southern BC. Check the tourism websites too. That will give you an idea of what's available.

Jun 24th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Darlene

September is one of the great months in B.C. - the weather can be dry and warm. If you have a car and the weather looks good, I would recommend a trip to Whistler (2 1/2 hour drive from Vancouver with many nice stops on the way such as Shannon Falls and Brandywine Falls) and a stay overnight. A trip to Victoria is nice, but the ferries can be a hassle. An excellent choice for a 2-3 night visit would be the Okanagan (Kelowna, Penticton, Oosoyoos, Naramata are good choices) It has much dryer weather, the lakes are nice and warm in September. If you enjoy wine, this is a great trip - there are many, many excellent wineries to visit for wine tastings. I've stayed at a place called Sandy Beach Resort in Naramata (no I don't work there!!) and it was a great starting point for wine tours. It all depends on what you like to do - outdoor activities, swimming, dining, shopping etc. B.C. has everything.

Search this Thread