Vancouver: Good place to see a play?

Mar 4th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Vancouver: Good place to see a play?

My husband and I are taking a weekend trip to Vancouver in April and would like to see a play or go to a comedy club after dinner one night.

Does anyone know anything about Stanley Theatre or Granville Island Stage? Or a good comedy club? Or perhaps, any other suggestions on other kinds of evening entertainment?

We've already ruled out Queen Elizabeth Theatre because we've already seen Cats.
Mar 4th, 2005, 01:45 PM

Take a peek at www.virtualvancouver.com/theatre.html which gives a great overview of live theatre/symphony/opera performances in Vancouver, with direct links to the various venues.

The two locations of Vancouver Theatre Sports are two comedy clubs I'm aware of.

I've been to both the Stanley and Granville Island Stage, and both are good venues.
Mar 5th, 2005, 10:28 AM

Check out the Georgia Straight listings...
www.straight.com
Shows the the Stanley Theatre and the Granville Island Stage are good options...
Don't forget the Vancouver Playhouse as well which is downtown...
For Comedy, there's Theatresports at Granville Island, and there's also Yuk Yuks. Urban Well also has comedy nights.
If you are here the first week of April, a good play is being remounted from what I have read at Performance Works at Granville Island..titled "You are Here".
Should be lots of choice for you.
enjoy,
CC
Mar 5th, 2005, 04:19 PM

Hi there, CC! We'll be visiting Vancouver for the first time in June. (Coming from Seaside, OR.) We're considering staying at the Fairmont Waterfront. Any opinions on that place and can you recommend some great places to dine? (We will have our teenage daughter with us.) ***kim***
Mar 5th, 2005, 07:45 PM

Thanks for the sugggestions so far! Keep 'em coming!