A very quick overview
As always, my thanks to all Fodorites who helped me in the planning of this trip.
We flew into Vancouver in late April, spent a week in a rental apartment near Main Street and 30th.
Took a ferry to Victoria and stayed overnight before picking up a car and driving to Ucluelet for 4 nights, returning for another night in Victoria then ferry back and three nights in another rental in North Vancouver.
We loved: Stanley Park, The Museum of Anthropology, Lynn Canyon Park, Victoria, Ucluelet, Whale Watching
Slightly disappointed by: Granville Island, The Aquarium, Chinatown - not to say any of these were bad, but not as enjoyable as expected.
Surprised by: The number of homeless people/beggars (I can understand why, geographically). Prices - particularly house prices and the cost of foods in supermarkets - I looked at salaries for my profession and immediately decided I would simply not be able to afford to live here (I appreciate there must be cheaper areas than those in which I was staying).
Dining out - was hit and miss: cannot really say we had a bad meal, but some were indifferent. Loved the huge numbers of local beers available some were exceptionally good - there must be 30+ breweries in Vancouver.
Overall we had a great time. With the benefit of hindsight I'd probably have spent slightly less time in Vancouver and more on the Island.
Recent ActivityView all Canada activity »
- 1 https://michiganstatevsmaryland.football/
- 2 Montreal,Quebec city and St Lawrence river
- 3 Two weeks in Nova Scotia
- 4 How long to drive from Vancouver to Jasper to Banff to calgary
- 5 Canadian Rockies Timing for Summer 2018
- 6 Montreal for New Years
- 7 Romantic restaurant in Toronto
- 8 Babymoon Destination
- 9 Neighbourhoods recommendation in Vancouver, BC
- 10 Music and Scenery in Mova Scotia
- 11 My Family Travle Vlog
- 12 Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle versus Delta Hotels by Marriott
- 13 Ottawa in December
- 14 Canadian Rockies in late June, 2018
- 15 Quebec City Cozy Pubs
- 16 Quebec City/Montreal for Christmas
- 17 Aug or Sep Trip to Cape Breton
- 18 Montreal & Quebec City
- 19 Victoria in December
- 20 Mont Tremblant attractions
- 21 Four days near(ish) from Vancouver
- 22 Happy Canada Day
- 23 Onoir - eating in complete darkness
- 24 What is famous in canada?
- 25 Vancouver to Seattle, Possibly Victoria
Vancouver and Vancouver Island - a quick summary
A very quick overview