Vancouver Airport to Cruise Terminal?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I get to the cruise terminal from the Vancouver airport?

I'm using my air miles, and I can only get a flight that comes in to Vancouver at 2:15 p.m. and my cruise ship leaves at 5 p.m. Too risky?

The cruise ship says if my flight gets into the airport by 3 p.m., I should be ok.

What is the fastest and economical way of getting from airport to cruise terminal for 2 people? Any shuttles?

Thanks.
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Original Poster

Also, I should mention that it's Sunday when I'm flying into Vancouver, not a week day, so the traffic pattern may be different.
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 05:31 PM

The fastest is not the most economical.

A cab will take 25 minutes or so and cost about $25 you should be fine.
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 07:57 AM

I vote for the cab or limo! Check with the cruise line if they have a check-in number you can contact them in case of a delay. I assume you are not coming through customs??
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Oh, I'd forgotten about customs. I'll be flying in from the U.S., so I guess I'd have to go thru customs. This is cutting it too close.

I should fly there 2 days earlier then (my only other option when using frequent flyer miles). But I've been to Vancouver many times, and not sure what else to do there. I have another thread on this topic if you want to provide input.

Thanks.
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 10:51 AM

Air miles can be frustrating at times! If I were you, I would opt to be in Vancouver earlier than this flight. Bad weather, etc. can also be a factor. It would be a shame (and perhaps expensive) to have to catch up to the ship once it leaves its original port of call. I am sure no matter how many times you have visited Vancouver, there is more to discover!
Old Mar 7th, 2006, 11:32 PM

Access from the airport to cruise ship terminal is easy in Vancouver.

Check with your travel agency. I have read, that some cruise lines has special transfer agreements, if you come from US and want to access an US-cruise-ship. You do not have to pass the custom and boarder control.

Alternative solutions by taxi, limousines, bus can be found via the officiel vancouver airport-side:

http://www.yvr.ca/guide/toandfrom/index.asp

We took the bus (airporter) and they brought us directly to the Pan Pacific hotel (=cruise ship terminal). The only disadvantage was, that we had some waiting time, as they do not allow to stand in the bus. You have to wait for the next bus, if to many people want to use the bus at the same time.

http://www.yvrairporter.com