Reload this Page >

Vancouver airport hotels with shuttle service

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 1999, 07:12 AM
Tim

Looking to find reasonably priced hotel close to Vancouver airport with shuttle service (with nearby decent restaurant). Anyone have any experience with the Quality Inn on SE Marine Drive ? Any other suggestions? <BR>Thank you!

Old Aug 18th, 1999, 09:44 PM
April

Our travel agent booked us into the Best Western Abercorn Inn (free shuttle) which was OK. It has a restaurant but not much in the neighbourhood as I recall. <BR> <BR>Some others in a similar price range in Richmond are: <BR>Comfort Inn <BR>Executive Inn Hotels & Suites Airport <BR>Howard Johnson Hotel <BR>Ramada Inn <BR>Sandman Hotel Richmond <BR>Stay 'n Save Inn <BR>Travelodge <BR> <BR>All apparently have airport shuttles but I'm not sure if they're free with the Comfort Inn, <BR>and Sandman Hotel. <BR> <BR>Sorry I can't help with the Quality Inn or restaurants. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 21st, 1999, 11:35 PM
Kenny

I have never stayed in this specific motel, but have tried the chain when it had the old name Journey's End. Overall they are good, clean, reasonably priced, but basic. That particular area of Vancouver is very dull with homes to the immediate north and various businesses on Marine Drive itself. I can't remember precisely what restaurants are in the area, so you may want to check if Quality Inn has an attached restaurant. <BR>You may want to check out the Travelodge because it has a fairly good restaurant called BB Belton's. The Sandman Inn and Stay n Save are about 2 to 5 blocks away as an alternative. Travelodge was recently refurbished and upgraded. Sandman and Stay n Save are both new. Best Western Abercorn Inn is starting to show its age, hence its price is a little lower than the other BW in Richmond. However, the motel and the attached restaurant is pretty decent (I tried it once). Actually come to think of it, all of these hotels/motels are in a pretty dull area of Richmond too without a lot of variety around.

Old Aug 22nd, 1999, 07:38 PM
Kenny

I checked the BC Accommodations Guide, which says that Travelodge, Sandman Inn, Best Western, and Quality Inn all have complimentary shuttle to the Airport. You might also want to check out the Holiday Inn Express on Bridgeport Road in Richmond (as opposed to the Holiday Inn on Cambie Road in Richmond). It's brand new and my guide shows singles rates of $69 to $99, which appear to be introductory prices. It's worth checking out.

Old Oct 20th, 1999, 10:51 AM
Pat

Holiday Inn on Bridgeport is reasonably priced and has shuttle service. It is 5 minutes from airport terminal. Also have stayed at Coast Hotel on S.W. Marine drive which has shuttle-15 minutes from airport, and it has a White Spot restaurant.

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 03:33 PM
Denise

I would recommend staying at either the Hilton Airport or Mariott Inn. They are brand new hotels with resonable rates. Plus, the restaurants in the hotels are nice and they are located across the street from a major shopping centre (Ricmond Centre). <BR> <BR>Another nice hotel is the Sheraton Airport. It is located across the street from another shopping centre. <BR> <BR>Denise Blackmore (Vancouverite) <BR>CruiseShipCenters <BR>http://www.cruise-the-world.com